Ducati.org forum banner

Level up.

3K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Misti 
#1 ·
Well let's see how this goes..
White Transport Vehicle Automotive design Car

See less See more
#4 ·
It's been a slow process, I started in 2014 I've probably done 10ish TD's.

This year I have consistently been the fastes or at least in the top 3 in level 2.

I had two of the instructors ride with me and they said your're ready if you feel ready. So I'll probably do 1 or 2 more TDs in level 3 to finish out the season.

Over winter I'll get a generator, warmers, and slicks. If I don't feel like a fool I won't rule out club racing / amateur racing license.

It was very humbling and the liter bikes are insane. This is one lap of my first session in level 3. This was also my last session of the day after being in level 2 all day, I was tired.

https://youtu.be/f6OSVKTKlHQ

#3 ·
Great!
I'm looking forward to have my 1st track weekend 2 days next week.
Of course will be in novice but, i hope and like to ride on the track so I can learn and reach my full potential.

#7 ·
You caught me...

Yes I have one, but I keep screwing up my shifts occasionally when I use it.

I'm going to switch to GP before the next track day.

#10 ·
NICE!!!! :dance:

Always fun riding a level up. You should consider a school (hint hint) :D and I'd love to hear your tales of Club Racing if you get there. Good times. Stay safe and keep improving and having fun!!

What do you think will change when riding a level up? What are you looking forward to?

#11 ·
NICE!!!! :dance:

Always fun riding a level up. You should consider a school (hint hint) :D and I'd love to hear your tales of Club Racing if you get there. Good times. Stay safe and keep improving and having fun!!

What do you think will change when riding a level up? What are you looking forward to?
CSS is on my bucket list, I do take the local classes but they are not giving me what I need at this level.

The first thing I noticed is I'm actually more relaxed because I'm not fighting through traffic, but I'm also noticing how out of shape I am :(

I'm looking forward to improving lap times it's the only way I can really measure my progress. I have lots to work on still for sure.

Reactions: WERA689
#12 ·
Don't go gettin old on me TChase. ;)

I remember,(vaguely), club racing some 30 years ago. There wasn't places like CSS or the ilk to go and learn in. Wish there had been. We learned the hard way, mostly on dirt flat tracks and twisty backroads. Lost many a part smashed off trees and guardrails over the years, haven't a clue how I survived and walked away from most of them. Best I can offer for advice is to learn how to watch others. Like the BP thread points out, you can learn alot from watching others positioning, stance, turn and braking setups, etc... When you get to the point of watching GP, SBK, and TT racers and start pointing out bad lines and poor position, it's time to put your thoughts to work in your own track choices. It's never an easy thing to do, the change-ups. But with the technology available today with all the go-pros and GPS trackers and programs that give you instant feedback, it's much better then it ever has been. Congrats on moving up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.