Ducati.org forum banner

VIDEO: Ducati 848 Flying Laps | Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Charles 
#1 · (Edited)
I finally got some track time this year! This was my first two-day session a couple of weeks ago.

I set my personal best lap and managed to shave about 4-5 seconds off of my regular lap times at this track. I attribute this to switching from the 180/55 to 180/60, and really focusing on corner speed, late braking at the end of the back straight and some line changes recommended by a couple of my riding buddies.

Enjoy!

Full URL: https://youtu.be/s6FtXOnagJQ

#5 ·
Thank you, sir! And yes it is a fun track; I weigh about 190 without gear; I ended up adding a few turns of pre-load after this footage was taken. The zip tie on my fork was going all the way to the bottom of the fork while braking at the end of the back straight. The additional preload made the front end feel much more solid and I was able to brake even deeper.

Just got back from another track day at this track and shaved off nearly two more seconds from the PB in the video.... it's never ending!

#4 ·
Nice! Very nice!

BTW, the bike sounds awesome!

#7 ·
Nice video as usual Charles! What orgs host track days there? There's a decent chance I might make it to Mid-Ohio next year because a friend of mine that I used to do track days with moved to Maryland and we've talked about meeting somewhere in the middle for a track day next year. Mid-Ohio and NCM are the main 2 we talked about but since he's already been to NCM, we might pick Mid-Ohio if it works out with schedules and such.

#8 ·
Mid-Ohio runs their own motorcycle track days--there are no outside organizations. If you go to their website (midohio.com), you can dial down through The Mid-Ohio School links to find the motorcycle track day offerings. This year, Vesrah Racing Team Owner Mark Junge began overseeing all of the car and motorcycle track days.

It would be great if you and your friend could make it. If you do, let me know and I can show you the track and orient you to the facilities.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.