Ducati.org forum banner

Raider... tracks around PNW.

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  pdxmoto 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok thought I just start a thread so the others can chime in. There are a hand full that go to the two tracks II go to.

The Ridge Motorsports Park

This is the track I've gone to most often, it was also my first.

from what I understand it's got the best surface in Washington. It's also the newest and was built with bikes in mind. But there was a big fall out in the ownership,so it never got off to a good start we didn't have bathrooms for several years.

Home - Ridge Motorsports Park

The next one is Pacific raceways I've only been there once. The surface is not that bad. This track was probably designed for cars. It doesn't have as much run off ass the Ridge. it's got a couple walls :(

http://pacificraceways.com/

Both tracks are fun but the Ridge probably more technical?

I think there is also a track on the east side of the mountains. There's also a track, actually I think two in Oregon. My brother-in-law and I are trying to make it down there to check them out.

Sadly I have not met up with anybody from the forum. Although I think there have been days we both were there.

See less See more
#3 ·
Aw man, you are making me miss the west. I lived out there for 2 years, and where I picked up riding. Picked up a beat up r6 for the track so i didnt destroy my Duc learning how to go fast haha.

By far the best experience I had was doing two weekends with Motofit group out at Oregon Raceway Park. The track is super technical and absolutely pushes the limits of bike body and mind. I was lucky enough to make some great friends and mentors out there. All the coaches of Motofit were super helpful and always willing to give you one on one coaching and lessons afterward. Also, Jon from Dunlop tires helped me immensely. He set up my suspension and in the process taught me exactly what each component of the suspension and geometry was doing to me on the track. He is a teacher by degree so was able to make everything so easy to understand. I would even just watch and listen as he set up other peoples bikes because I would learn something new every time he spoke.

So yeah, miss it out there big time. Not to mention the views at ORP were unreal

Attachments

#5 ·
East of the Cascades used to be Spokane but I think they had to close it due to severe safety issues for bikes. Raced at Pacific when it used to be called Seattle International Raceway and have raced at Portland International. There's also Oregon Raceway Park little inland from Portland but I've not been on it. We have a local track here called Mission Raceway Park but it was designed as a car course and it's quite tight and technical. We just opened up a new park in BC up in Oliver called Area 27. It was designed in part by F1 driver Jaque Villenueve and designed as a real F1/GP track.
http://www.area27.ca/

#6 ·
thanks for the info guys, I'm really looking forward to getting there and checking out these places. I've only started riding on the track and have gotten to ride on the local Czech tracks in Most, and of course the Brno Circuit. What a great track with some nice elevation changes. The only problem here is the language barrier and being able to take any meaningful instruction.

I'll be in the Spanaway area and will have a trailer, we can pool our resources to get to some of the farther tracks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.