Ducati Darmah Sidestand warning light Question - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Other Models > Vintage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 7th, 2016, 01:12 AM   #1

No ducatis in the registry

Ducati Darmah Sidestand warning light Question

Gents,
I am restoring a SSD Darmah. The side stand warning light bulb still works.
The little plunger switch which screws into the frame down at the side stand was broken so I found a replacement one.

The problem is that when the side stand is UP it pushes on the switch plunger which turns the light on.

When the side stand is down, the side stand does not engage the plunger so the warning light goes out.

It is working opposite to how it should work.

The switch is closing the circuit when it should be perhaps shorting it out. I cannot see anything wrong with how the side stand is fitted and I assume its the original piece.

Does anyone have any hints to help.

cheers
Old October 7th, 2017, 07:49 PM   #2

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]
[1098 S Tri-Color]

On the stock switch, plunger OUT completes the circuit, plunger IN breaks it. It sounds like perhaps you've got a bum replacement switch.
Old July 23rd, 2018, 12:43 AM   #3

No ducatis in the registry

Dunno if this reply has any value when original post is from back i 2016, but anyway - here goes

There are two types of switches to those period bikes. Those used on the neutral switch and those uset for the side stand.

The two switches works opposit of each other. The neutral switch engages lightbulb when compressed while the sidestand switch engages the lightbulb when disengaged.

To me it sounds like the replacement switch you got, is for the neutral switch rather than for the sidestand.

Best regards,
Martin
Kilmer is offline   Reply With Quote