Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in my endless search of this forum and talking to multiple people i have conflicting info regarding how the dp ecu handles 02 sensors.. i recently installed a dp ecu on my 13 848 evo corse.. couldnt be happier with the way its running and performing... my question is how does this ecu use the 02 sensors? my understanding is that with the new ecu the readings are ignored and basically the 02 sensors are now useless... after talking to what seems to be a knowledgeable person and Houston superbikes, i am now told that the o2 sensors are still active but the ecu is looking at the signal in a different way and the sensors have to remain installed.. so which is correct? i question this because if they are now useless can i remove them with out getting a check engine light for a circuit open code or running issues? i have the full leo vince exhaust system which came with plugs for the 02 sensor bungs leading me to believe that with the correct setup the 02's can be removed.. my end goal is to save a little weight and clean up the wiring of the bike. thanks for any input

·
Registered
110 Posts
in my endless search of this forum and talking to multiple people i have conflicting info regarding how the dp ecu handles 02 sensors.. i recently installed a dp ecu on my 13 848 evo corse.. couldnt be happier with the way its running and performing... my question is how does this ecu use the 02 sensors? my understanding is that with the new ecu the readings are ignored and basically the 02 sensors are now useless... after talking to what seems to be a knowledgeable person and Houston superbikes, i am now told that the o2 sensors are still active but the ecu is looking at the signal in a different way and the sensors have to remain installed.. so which is correct? i question this because if they are now useless can i remove them with out getting a check engine light for a circuit open code or running issues? i have the full leo vince exhaust system which came with plugs for the 02 sensor bungs leading me to believe that with the correct setup the 02's can be removed.. my end goal is to save a little weight and clean up the wiring of the bike. thanks for any input
The reading is ignored but the diags look for a constantly varying reading from them to confirm they are still functional and installed.

If it was a static reading you could simply use a resistor to substitute them but as it's not you need to fit a lambda fooler or it will throw an error code.

Or find someone who can delete them from the ecu

1 - 2 of 2 Posts