Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 05 999 with 25k miles, all Maint up to within the last 1k miles including t-belts, coolant flush, valve adjust, oil change. I’m getting a hesitation (sparatic) when I get into the throttle again not all the time and it will pop out the exhaust when it does that and then come back to normal and not do it again for a while. The battery was low when I picked it up ( have it on the trickle charger now ) going to ride it tmrw when it’s fully charged and also the gauge says the battery is charging so I know that’s good. What else should I check to see if I can pin down the problem?

oh also I did put new gas in it and rode it about 10 miles And still same issue. Thanks again guys open to try whatever you say 👍

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any ideas guys? No check engine light either, took it for a ride today and it did this again twice. I ordered new plugs to see if that helps, anything else I should take care of that could cause this issue?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Dev you're on the right track w new fuel yet keep in mind the decent possibility bad gas is your issue. Filling w a few gallons and riding for 20 minutes isn't going to resolve a bad gas issue. You may have to dig a lot deeper into the entire fuel system. May I also suggest getting the cables and the Ducati Diag software to help w tps reset and trim. Question: does it start easily? Folks with a lot more expertise than me can add. Congrats on the 999 and good luck!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes starts super easy no problem there, I do have a repair manual but not the diagnostic software and cables, where do I grab those from?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey Dev sorry for being quiet. I nabbed mine eBay and Google Ducati Diag for the info on cables. The software is free and a bit tricky but once you learn the nuance it’s a cool tool.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts