Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddies 1098S was making a noise during our last ride (mine was too but much different and quieter) and it's been sitting/waiting for weeks for diagnosis. Well, yesterday it was up and this is what was found in the oil. Mechanic says ''connecting rod bearing''.

Bike has 7500 miles on it and he purchased it about 18 months ago with 2,900 miles on it. It had been laid down on both sides at low speeds. Apparently the bike had sat for a few years off and on but when my buddy purchased it, the first place he took it to was to our Ducati mechanic for a valve check, new belts, oil, all fluids and tires. Bike has always run great except for the stalling issue. Of course he is shocked and doesn't know what route he's going to take.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OK guys, my buddy is looking for a new engine now BUT he's considering going with an 1198 motor if he runs across one first. I understand that the exhaust is different but what else needs to be addressed? Obviously, he'd need a new ECU but what else? Please let me know. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.