Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'll give you the full story in case it helps. A couple weeks ago I was riding home and the headlights and instrument panel went dark on me. Two minutes later the engine decided to quit too. Legs on fire and covered in sweat, I managed to push it home safely.

After digging around the forum, I checked the fuse for the instrument panel and sure enough it was blown. I replaced it and the lights worked again but I had a rapid ticking noise when I turned the ignition key. I had the battery checked, was dead, so I replaced it. Boom, back in business. Started her up, rode 2 minutes and the lights went out again so I turned around immediately cause I sure as hell wasn't going to push it again.

Now when I turn the key to on, the lights and panel light up (guessing it's not the fuse this time) but when I hit the starter button, it clicks once and only get a low humming sound. The headlight also turns off when I hit the button but comes back on moments after I let go (I don't know if this actually means anything as I can't remember if the headlight acted this way when it was running). Could it be a spark plug issue? Will someone please help? I also took a video.

Registered
Ok I'm thinking You have one major problem which is your VOLTAGE REGULATOR. and MAYBE a secondary problem which might be ur starter solenoid. The battery dead and only riding two minutes is cause of ur VR it acts as your alternator do an upgrade...

Here I just copy and pasted what I wrote from another thread....

MOSFET VR installed and solved my problems. It is plug and play with the triumph harness. I didn't get pictures of the bracket I made sorry about that. Before this she would range from 13.8-14.1. Now she's at a consistent 14.1-14.3. Headlights and dash don't turn off anymore by themselves. Those dual 55w ballasts use alot of juice lol.

Forgot to throw something else in the mix.....

While the install for the VR was extremely straight forward and plug and play, after the install I tried starting my bike. It did not start... I was at a loss. I checked my 30A fuse first being right there, checked all my other fuses and they seemed fine. Hooked up JPDIag everything was normal. I was freaking out cause I thought I blew something somehow. Than I looked down on my dash and didn't see it in neutral..... Guess my hand hit it during the install. Popped her in neutral she started right up. What a dumb moment for me SMH

Here is the link for the kit as well as a picture of which one to choose 馃憤

http://www.roadstercycle.com/

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #5

Home[/QUOTE]

So I ordered the part on Thursday but I'm at a loss on how to adjust the voltage once I have it. Is it automatic or do I need another tool?

Registered

Home
So I ordered the part on Thursday but I'm at a loss on how to adjust the voltage once I have it. Is it automatic or do I need another tool?[/QUOTE]

It's automatic man just plug it in and it's good to go. You just need to figure a way to mount it securly

1 - 7 of 7 Posts