Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I got a message from Ducati reminding me that my Monster 821 will be due for it's 1 year service soon. It kinda gives an idea of what they'll do but it doesn't mention cost.

I know costs will vary greatly due to location..but, within the US, has anyone gone for this service and if so what was the cost? Just trying to get an idea because the dealer closest to me, I believe overcharges for service.. So, I kinda want to have an idea of what's fair before I go in.

Thank you!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the information. Both dealers in my state are about 45 mins/hour from me.. but one of them really raked me over the coals on that first service so, it looks like I'm going to shop both of them to see what deal I can get on the service.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah, the first service for me was like $300? I thought it was a little crazy (based on bikes I had in the past), so on the 1-year service.. I'm checking both and if one is cheaper, I'll be going there from now on.

Most dealers will charge you 1-2 hours of labor for an oil change because they don't just have oil change techs on staff and they need to pay those guys salaries.. which I understand.. But, I have heard that more and more dealers (and other places) are doing oil changes on bikes now for a fee comparable to cars. I can't wait until a place like that pops up around me.. I'll take my bike for a quick oil change for $40 any day of the week. lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.