Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I finished putting on my full Termi system last night and I put 100 miles on the bike today. The clutch problems have worked themselves out. I believe there must have been air in the lines. The Termignoni full system is worth the money. Without the DB killers they sound better then any bike I've heard. The 70 mm's are huge. They come with a nice looking carbon heat shield. The bike is very comfortable to ride. I am 6 feet 210lbs and I felt like I could ride it a long ways with out getting sore. The bike has far more power than I could have imagined. I was at 255 kilos before I blinked. I am confident it will keep with the new open liters and give the 2005 and older big liter bikes a seriouse challenge in a straight line. Through the twisty's it inspires confidence like the 998s or the 996 sps. It feels alot like those but on steriods. It is with out question a treat to ride and I could not wipe the smile of my face. My brother has been driving a RC51 since 2002. He always said he would never change. He put 5 miles on the 1098 and called my dealer to put money down. I think that says it all.

·
Registered
152 Posts
mclincoln said:
Ok, I finished putting on my full Termi system last night and I put 100 miles on the bike today. The clutch problems have worked themselves out. I believe there must have been air in the lines. The Termignoni full system is worth the money. Without the DB killers they sound better then any bike I've heard. The 70 mm's are huge. They come with a nice looking carbon heat shield. The bike is very comfortable to ride. I am 6 feet 210lbs and I felt like I could ride it a long ways with out getting sore. The bike has far more power than I could have imagined. I was at 255 kilos before I blinked. I am confident it will keep with the new open liters and give the 2005 and older big liter bikes a seriouse challenge in a straight line. Through the twisty's it inspires confidence like the 998s or the 996 sps. It feels alot like those but on steriods. It is with out question a treat to ride and I could not wipe the smile of my face. My brother has been driving a RC51 since 2002. He always said he would never change. He put 5 miles on the 1098 and called my dealer to put money down. I think that says it all.

Without the DB killers they sound better then any bike ... True 100%

Thanks for sharing !!!!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Question about the DB killers... They are not automatically installed from Termignoni are they? I had the dealer install mine and just wanted to make sure they are NOT installed. Are they visible?
I've got about 520 miles logged so far and I am loving this bike more and more. I went and rode with a small group of guys this past Thursday and I can tell you that any ZX-10, K5-K6, or R1 should respect this bike. It's no bitch compaired to them! I don't believe that it would out run them in a flat straight but I was right there with'em. Throw in some curves with a few switch backs and you'll see how well the 1098 holds it's line while others push to the outside.

·
Registered
166 Posts
mclincoln said:
My brother has been driving a RC51 since 2002. He always said he would never change. He put 5 miles on the 1098 and called my dealer to put money down. I think that says it all.
COOL...I let a good friend ride mine rcently, & this week he ordered a Tri-Colore!!!

·
Registered
152 Posts
:)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Dibs said:
Question about the DB killers... They are not automatically installed from Termignoni are they? I had the dealer install mine and just wanted to make sure they are NOT installed. Are they visible?
I've got about 520 miles logged so far and I am loving this bike more and more. I went and rode with a small group of guys this past Thursday and I can tell you that any ZX-10, K5-K6, or R1 should respect this bike. It's no bitch compaired to them! I don't believe that it would out run them in a flat straight but I was right there with'em. Throw in some curves with a few switch backs and you'll see how well the 1098 holds it's line while others push to the outside.
Yes they are visible and you can remove them by removing 2 bolts from bottom of canisters !!!!

Check pic below....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
db killers

The Db killers are installed from the factory. They are very easy to take out. Loosen a set screw and jerk away it took me about 30 seconds. No worries..

·
Banned
9,495 Posts
Dibs said:
I've got about 520 miles logged so far and I am loving this bike more and more.

Dibs, If you are loving it with them in, leave them in. Your naboerhood will thank you.
We are not in comp. with the Harly boys. Thay can have the loudest bikes.
We got the coolest.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts