Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard of people converting there 1098 with the classic 916 fairings, anybody have experience with this? For the last few years I was saving up spare parts for my 1098 and was planning on making an 1098/916 but unfortunetly my spares were burned up in a house fire. I recently found a salvage 1098 that needs fairings and a few bits and am curious about doing this.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I've heard of people converting there 1098 with the classic 916 fairings, anybody have experience with this? For the last few years I was saving up spare parts for my 1098 and was planning on making an 1098/916 but unfortunetly my spares were burned up in a house fire. I recently found a salvage 1098 that needs fairings and a few bits and am curious about doing this.
I never seen or heard of this before; interesting concept none the less.

One local dealership customized a few new 899's with retro 916 graphics and paint schemes though.

·
Registered
20,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A guy passing thru town on a older multi told me about it. couldn't find anything really definitive on the web. He told me the guy swapped out fairings and the swingarm! I think it would be pretty cool.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
It would be kinda cool .. maybe the person with the 1X98/916 swap is a forum member.

Only thing that comes close was someone selling a 2003-06 749 here with a SSSA conversation.

Well keep bike too if my memory serves me correctly. It had a ton of extras and reasonably priced.

·
Registered
20,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm going too keep looking into it I think it was a cool idea, but Im in no hurry to get going on this. Im more concerned about putting my 1098 back on the road and getting another bike hopefully a 1199 or 1299 on the road. I haven't ridden since last year.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Only thing similar to this that I've seen is a guy on the .ms forum who put an 1198 engine in a 996 or 998. Not sure if it was just the engine or other things as well but ended up with a wheelie-happy 998 on steroids.

·
Registered
20,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That wold be pretty cool too! I thought about making a 955 replica with a 848, but I think the 1198 stuffed in a 996 or 998 frame would make more sense. I just came across a old paso on ebay and thought stuffing all the guts from a air and oil multi wold be kind of a cool project as well. I've been thinking of doing more touring. Damn too many projects too little time!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts

·
Registered
20,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im not finding anything on the 1098 916 body conversion on the web. I'm wondering if the guy just stuffed the 1098 engine into the 916? It seems like it would make more sense.

·
Registered
77 Posts
im pretty sure there is a duc with some type of body swap, ive seen pics. I dont remember the gens tho. Just remember it looked weird at first until i realized what they did.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.