Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All the blinkers on my 1098 worked fine (stock in the front, aftermarket in the rear), but the lens on the rear right was cracked, so I decided to replace the rears with new aftermarket blinkers...

First I temporarily installed and connected the right rear blinker. Checked it and it worked. But then I noticed the front right blinker wasn't working! HUH?!? (At this point all the blinkers were working except the front right mirror.)

Then I temporarily installed and connected the left rear blinker. Now the right rear isn't working! So I tried to reinstall the one that was on there ... can't even get that one to work.

Long story short, front left blinker and right rear blinker are working. Front right blinker and right rear blinker are NOT working!

Any ideas/help/advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I swapped the front 2 mirrors and what was on the right works on the left, but what was on the left doesn't work on the right. So something happened with the power source or ground to the front right side. Anyone know where I can access these 2 things?

· Registered
807 Posts
There is a second set of menus that you can access (search for the thread) and one thing you can affect is LED turn signals. I would try switching that between the choices with the original lights installed. The newer Ducs are on a Canbus system that can be confused.

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re-check all ground connections including inside blinker where its soldered.After market may have a defect,good luck..
Do you know where the ground connections are (for the front mirrors)?

jet057 and vfrman - the after market blinkers are fine, as they both work on the right side when connected. Only something wrong specifically with the left side connection.

Put the stockers back on the rear and see if it fixes it. That will rule out/confirm the new part...
Unfortunately don't own the stock blinkers :(

There is a second set of menus that you can access (search for the thread) and one thing you can affect is LED turn signals. I would try switching that between the choices with the original lights installed. The newer Ducs are on a Canbus system that can be confused.
Searching for a second set of menus that can affect the LED turn signals... Although I have no idea what you're talking about.

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
http://www.ducati.org/forums/how-tos/60206-how-hidden-service-menu-848-1x98-part-1-a.html

Sorry, on vacation in Europe and only using iPad. Hoping the copied link works...
Link works, and good info, but don't think it's truly applicable here.

Time for a super dumb question....Do you have the polarity correct?
Yes, the polarity and blinker fluid are correct (thanks Svensken, lol). I know polarity is correct because I didn't touch the front right mirror blinker (which is why I'm clueless as to why it all of a sudden stopped working - I passed inspection last week), and I can swap the rear blinkers and only the right side works, regardless of which blinker I use. Left side has to have a bad power connection or ground... But again, wtf with the front right mirror blinker?? I didn't even touch it...

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
After disconnecting and reconnecting the front right mirror, now it works! I changed nothing, so no idea. Must be a poor/loose connection in the male/female connectors.

Still don't have a back left blinker ... but working on it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.