Ducati.org forum banner

What's your color pick for the 1098?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So now that all the colors have been posted on Ducati's site of the 1098, what color does everyone like best?

Jason

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like the yellow, but not the grey fame.

Jason

·
Registered
6 Posts
I live in Arizona, black looks good, but come july, hurts to touch. Black seat is bad enough, sizzle. Hottest day i rode last year, 109. :violin:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ducati as well as Ferrarri always seem to be the definition of Red to me.I honestly think that they go together so well that i couldnt imagine getting a different color.And i honestly do think that the red is always the best looking model when it comes to different models of Duc`s.Also,its not that i think that the other colors look bad,i just dont think that they look as good as the red models.One other thing that i always really liked about Ducati`s is the simple paint designs that they have always used.I am not a big fan of the other manufactures stickers and crazy graphics that they always seem to use.I think that the simple solid color approach adds more `class` to the look of the bike.Like my favorite R1 was the Raven model they brought out last year.It was just basically a solid black color that looked really nice.
Maybe its just me,but out of all the new paint designs for the 1098,i would pick the tri-color last.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I gotta have red, I have been dreaming about a red ducati for the last 10 years. only three more weeks!!

Scottie Jay-just moved to the south from Boston, any suggestions on keeping cool during hot summer riding?

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
My deposit was originally for a yellow 1098, but I too wasn't feeling the frame color. If it were black, or even as bold as going yellow, I would have never changed my mind for the red bike. The new pics of the yellow model, do make it tempting, but having seen the red model in person, I'm sold on it!

·
Registered
152 Posts
:D Ducati to me has to be red !!!!! :yo: :yo: :yo:

·
Registered
75 Posts
I decided on yellow the day it was announced as the alternate color for the base model, but am not especially keen on the grey frame. Black seems like it would have been a better frame color choice on the yellow bike.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I wanted a Yellow at first, but since its Italian, I decided on the Red.
Would have picked the TC, but my wallet's too thin.
When I'm around things Italian I usually turn red anyway... look at my face as I'm squeezed between the Ducati Girls.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Ducati and Ferrari, got to be Red.
The black looks nice but after a while of cleaning the bugs off it goes a bit scratchy/swirly which does not show up as much on the red.
Never liked the yellow personally on any model apart from the Kenny Roberts R1.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
iang said:
Ducati and Ferrari, got to be Red.
The black looks nice but after a while of cleaning the bugs off it goes a bit scratchy/swirly which does not show up as much on the red.
Never liked the yellow personally on any model apart from the Kenny Roberts R1.
Swirl marks ran through my mind as well, funny you say that. Black looks awesome when it is perfectly clean but in the same, it's hard to keep clean.

Back when I was going to get a 749 I wanted Yellow but not I just can't get past that grey frame on the 1098. :cross:

Jason

·
Registered
161 Posts
ok... well out of the first 17 I got the only black one... We had that discussion already so I just say: the black one looks best ;-)

·
Registered
438 Posts
The black does look really nice, it might be worth getting some of the clear protective film for the nose which will stop the swirls when cleaning the bugs off

·
Registered
161 Posts
Good Idea....
Anybody got a good brand handy?

I think no matter which color you get the painted piece under the radiator will be looking pretty bad after some miles... might be a place to put also clear protection film

1 - 15 of 15 Posts