Ducati.org forum banner

201 - 203 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
thanks nv13! let me know if I can assist. the tear apart was easy...and super simple inside..no springs popping out or little rolex like pieces that just fall out when you take the case apart. The head may be a different story, but it was easier than my 4 stroke dirtbike engine. YOU CAN DO IT! gopro everything

and for boring it out, not sure....never crossed that road. BUT contact FOX @ fox performance. he can tell you in a blunt manner what you can do.

·
Registered
6,786 Posts
You wouldn't be 'boring it out' as such, as the Nikalsil cylinders are plated, but certainly you can increase its capacity with a piston and cylinder kit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
yup i almost forgot. I need to order this tool...only problem is i dont see one in the US for sale...

I have this exact same socket. It just looks like there are 8 lugs due to the method of machining. If you look closely 4 of them have more protrusion than the other 4. The 4 long ones engage in the nut while the shorter ones sit between the slots on the outer perimeter of the ring nut. These sockets are Really strong!

Hey where did you buy this tool?

201 - 203 of 203 Posts