Ducati.org forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Running Hot

:flamethroHey everyone! I have been gone for some time...I work to ride, don't you know. I did get to put about 600 miles on "MYDUC" this summer and still notice very hot temps once she gets out of the "LOW" range. She quickly gets up to 175...198 and in no time 200,211. Of course this is in some of the worst case stop and go traffic you can imagine on a super sport bike! My fluid is at the correct level, just changed my eng oil...that was fun...really, saved myself $112 in labor by doing it myself. My question is, at what temp are the fans supposed to come on to keep the thing from boiling over? My have never come on. I have checked to make sure they turn freely, but don't know how to ensure they will work when supposed to. -Ed

·
Premium Member
2,751 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi
I run mine in Thailand BKK you have never seen traffic like you get here! and the temp gets up to 105'C then the fans come on this happens evrytime I go out, then once free of the traffic down to 75-80'C at about 70-80 mph very uncomfortable in traffic and the same untl all that heat is dissipated, this on the standard kit no mods or additions, just have to live with it would be a good thing in the UK where it's cold but not here.
Cheers
HH

·
Registered
148 Posts
seems cold:freezing:

21 - 24 of 24 Posts