Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi peoples. I recently had my 1098 fork seals re done for the second time. Apparently wheel stands are not good for Ohlins...? Any ways. The motorcycle mechanics didnt remember where my fork setting were and have found the bike difficult to corner. When I tip in the bike wants to tip more than I want it too and is scary. I have made some adjustments but only mm at a time. Hopefully this weekend it is back to where it was. A question is there a factory setting for the 1098 and fork adjustment through the triple clamp..? Thanks

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
All the 1098's I have seen were delivered with 3 rings showing above the triple clamp.

Reactions: 219R

·
Banned
5,501 Posts
If the seals keep going on you, I'd have someone spin the lowers and see if there are any issues with them. You may have a slightly bent tube. I've run Öhlins seals for years without a single leak.

In terms of the bike falling into the corner, thats a very clear symptom of low oil height leading to poor damping. I'd have someone go through the forks and have them setup for you, if you haven't done that.

Raising and lowering the front can make it steer quicker, but it shouldn't feel out of control. To me, thats more of an issue with the fork diving and having little damping vs a simple geometry issue. I'd also look at the front tire and pressures, that can have a very adverse effect on steering.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The forks were set at what I thought was a remembered setting at 2 rings. Not likely. The forks are now set at 3mm sticking through the top triple clamp, the bike corners like I remembered and feels nice again. Thanks for the responses though. Something else to consider now is dampening and rebound, but atm not doing anything cause it feels nice. Amazing how much a small change can effect the handling of such a bike and I wonder how many riders out there don't bother setting this up only to find they dislike the bike and sell it... !! :) May your lid never skid. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts