Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am rebuilding a crashed 2014 1098 and need a second hand Front axle, Can any one tell me the Ducati parts No's that will fit on my bike.
I am very confused as I can't seem to find one cheap enough.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep that's part of the problem, it is registered in New Zealand as a 2014 but I don't think that there have been any changes since 2009.
Having trouble finding a front axle that doesn't cost the price of a new fighter jet and am trying to find out if there is any other axles that will fit.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Shady. Registered as a 2014? I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say Ducati completely stopped building 1x98s when the Panigale came out...

eBay and salvage yards are your friends. There are a couple part-out threads around here too, might find what you need

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
Yes the 1098 was replaced by the 1198 in '09. The 1098 engine only continued in the Streetfighter model after that.

Second-hand front axles are going to be rare, as they are very soft, and very thin-walled, and usually bend in an accident.

The axle from a 1098 or 1198 will fit. I replaced mine with a beautiful lightweight item offered by TPO parts (over $200 from memory) and sold my old one to another member on here.

Check TPO's site as they occasionally have s/h parts. They are excellent to deal with.

I think I asked about $40 AU for the old one, which gives you a guide if you can find one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.