Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've got a 2007 1098 and its currently apart, working on the vent lines from the tank. I've noticed that the two thicker fuel hoses that T off the thin fuel line on the airbox and run to the tank are a bit gummy and looking worse for wear. I'd like to replace them. Did a search, can't find the size of those two hoses; would anybody here happen to know? I'm thinking they're probably 5/16 or 3/8 or the metric equivalent.
Thanks,
Greg

·
Registered
167 Posts
My bike runs fine... No fuel leaks...
Those line are the ones the connect from the fuel pump to the T junction that goes onto the injectors.

I did replace the hose clamps as well on both ends...

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I suspect the same. How much pressure are these hoses subjected to? How powerful can that little fuel pump in the tank be? Not very, I would imagine.
Just returned from AutoZone where I picked up some 5/16" fuel hose, rated SAE J30R7. Hose also has "3.4 BAR" printed on it.

EDIT:
Just did a bit of research and that rating is good up to 50 PSI, about 3.4 BAR actually. So, the question is, what are our 1098 pumps putting out? I read somewhere 3.5 BAR, just over this hose rating... That sound right?

I think the rating for fuel injection hose is SAE J30R9. Can anybody confirm any of this? Not wanting to put fuel hose on my beloved 1098 that's "just enough" to get by, I want --big-- margin for error!

Thanks,
Greg
2007 1098 YELLOW!

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I think spell check got me on that one. Should have read Tygon hose

I know kurvey girl sells them and not very expensive either. Tygon 2075 for brake and clutch, Tygon F-4040 for fuel lines.

You can probably do a search and find some locally as well.

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
Guys, please don't hijack my thread with this juvenile nonsense. Let's reserve responses for those that are actually helpful. Feel free to PM offline any non-pertinent content.

Thank you,
Greg
You might be getting a bit sensitive there Greg. The matter of sizings between the metric system under which these machines are made, and their Imperial equivalents in your country, IS pertinent to this thread.

Having grown up in a nation which was Imperial, then went metric when I was about 20, I feel I am in a position to comment on this. We have had to adapt to the change. Having adapted, we are now telling you that it is a far superior system. Multiples of ten, as opposed to 1/16, 1/32, 1/64 etc.

There is a surprising ignorance or resistance to learning the metric system in your country, and has been a factor in your sourcing of the correct size of tubing. You even have a different (smaller) gallon than any other nation, and this has long caused confusion elsewhere.

There is a frustration with supposedly 10mm equivalent sizing, as 3/8" is significantly smaller. We still have a carry-over problem with this change in Australia, with many products (particularly building materials) coming in non-nominal metric sizing.

The fact that the huge market of the US insists on staying with the non-metric system causes these problems in other markets.

Yes, this may be worth a thread of its own, but it did relate to your inquiry. And I would consider members commenting on this bizarre situation as quite valid in this context.

You are trying to replace metric-sized parts with non-metric supplies. My point was that in 8mm this is quite OK, as there is roughly .002" difference between 5/16" and 8mm, but in other sizes this is not so good.

Like 6mm is significantly smaller than 1/4". Only trying to help you by discussing this..

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I think he was having a dip at Craig and myself, not you Pat.
But I think he needs to lighten up a bit myself.
Still getting the information he needs in between a bit of light hearted banter, what's so wrong about that?
And before anyone says it's off topic, I know.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I revive this thread to not create another one very similar, does anyone know the size of the fuel hose that goes to the injectors? the one connected to the T junction where the 2 big hoses coming from the fuel pump are connected.
On the spares catalogue I found only the complete fuel line and it's expensive (59020254A), I wanted to replace just that single hose because it's a little pinched.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts