Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I was going straight and they were turning left. They gave me about 15 feet to stop.

I have a shattered scapula and three broken vertebrae. There's no spinal cord injury, but I have a long road ahead. It was nice talking with you all.

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have at least 6-8 weeks of work to do.

I'm done with streetbikes after this one. I'm hoping that I'm not destroyed mentally for racing.

Thanks for the kind words all.

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Quick update:

I'm home. They kicked me out of in-patient rehab a few days early because things were going so well. I start out-patient rehab next week. Today was my third day off painkillers (except for a single oxi at night). It's more than I want to take, but given that just over a week ago I was in unbarable pain on Dilaudid, I'm pretty happy with my progress away from the pain meds.

I found out that I was declared medically unfit to drive. So, I can't drive. It was a huge blow mentally. But since I drive a manual transmission pick up, I'm not sure I would be able to drive anyway. Hopefully, someone will tell me how I can get my license back soon. Fortunately, my employer is treating me great.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. I'm still amazed that my phone has really never stopped ringing with well wishers. I'm really hoping to be fit enough to get to NJMP before the season's over. But for now, it's one step at a time. At least my spirits are up and I'm just hoping to keep pushing ahead of schedule.

Again, thank you all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.