Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in a wreck a couple years ago and had to have the entire engine rebuilt.
Did that..... $$$$$$

I have not ridden it much due to jobs overseas and moving to H-Town where the roads are like a pubescent teenagers face on prom night.

I took it out and its leaking oil now and is overheating. I do not know the reason for either but would it be better to probably have it rebuilt again or just swap out the engine for one with less mileage on it. Currently 45K on it.

Or just ditch it and cash out what I can?

·
Court Jester
12,112 Posts
I was in a wreck a couple years ago and had to have the entire engine rebuilt.
Did that..... $$$$$$

I have not ridden it much due to jobs overseas and moving to H-Town where the roads are like a pubescent teenagers face on prom night.

I took it out and its leaking oil now and is overheating. I do not know the reason for either but would it be better to probably have it rebuilt again or just swap out the engine for one with less mileage on it. Currently 45K on it.

Or just ditch it and cash out what I can?
Have you pulled the fairings off and checked the oil cooler lines?

·
Court Jester
12,112 Posts
Hmm the overheating I can see problematic to diagnose but the oil leak should be doable.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
my bike started overheating and there was a strange smell without any oil on the floor. turned out to be the water pump seal. dumped all the radiator fluid in the oil which i flushed out hoping for the best. less than 1,000 miles later the engine needs rebuilding due to bearing failure. check the condition of the oil. maybe even get the oil tested.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.