Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1st-...ategoryZ6755QQihZ019QQitemZ290077247465QQrdZ1

Looks like the seller is offering his "1st in line" spot for anyone willing to pay OVER MSRP! I don't know about you, but I've yet to find any dealer that is actually asking anything more than MSRP for a bike that's not even on the showroom floor yet. Last but not least, if the dealer in question has a certain allocation of 1098's for their first order, the bikes will arrive bundled in a container, and not shipped individually, so in theory there’s really no “1st in line” bike. Bike number 1, 2, 3, 4, and so on will most likely arrive all together, so whether you have allocation number 1 or 2, it really won’t make a big difference. Even if bike #1 rolls out first, how long before bike #2, and bike #3 are ready to go as well? A few hours, a day or two? Is that worth anything over MSRP? I’m just not getting the rationality of this offer. It would make more sense a month or two from now when the initial shipments arrived and all the bikes were spoken for, THEN if you offered your spot for auction when its in really high demand, that would make a little more sense. Just my 2 cents…

·
Registered
161 Posts
How can he have you choose a yellow or red one... there are only red 1098s in the first shipment....

·
Registered
547 Posts
That's really dumb. Even though its a relatively low production bike, there will be plenty to satisfy the ducati enthusiasts. If you give this guy 2 grand your gonna be faced with an extra $1000-1500 in taxes and other fees, + $8 for shipping WTF? so now your in the ball park of roughly 18 grand. You might as well be patient save another 2 grand and wait for an S model. Chances are financing might fall through for some people and dealers may have a couple bikes for people who were not on the list can buy. Wheres the documentation to show that hes even on the list?? And why did he use that concept picture?

"Item will be shipped with HIGHLY SECURED package!"
(AKA an envelope) :blah:

"ALL PHOTOS AND TEXT APPEARING IN THIS AUCTION ARE THE PROPERTY OF "JIMMY540i". ANY RE-USE OF MATERIALS FOR ANY PURPOSE IS NOT PERMITTED, IT IS CONSIDER AS AN INFRINGEMENT OF COPYRIGHT LAW AND LEGALLY ACTIONABLE".

He doesn't own the rights to those pictures.

·
Registered
30 Posts
what a shame

I think the guy is trying to say he'll be among the first to pick up his bike when they first arrive in whatever month they are due. He is then gonna lay out the $15000/£11250 depanding on which country he's from and then sell it on to someone who doesnt want to wait in-line or til the end of the summer to get hold of one and can afford to pay over the odds making him an easy few thousand dollars. I personally think its a shame that someone is gonna get the chance of one of these sought after bikes who is not a Ducati enthusiast (Ducatisti :yo: ) or even dreamed of owning one or is just wanting one to see what all the fuss is about. Instead, he's depriving someone and taking advantage of someone who really wants the bike.Only one word to describe this fella i think......... :jerkoff: (w****r in the uk :) )

1 - 5 of 5 Posts