Ducati.org forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up the rare new 2007 parts accessory brochure yesterday from my dealers, listed below are some of the part numbers for anyone who wants to enquire at their dealer on availability and prices.

Termignoni Carbon slip ons 96115707B

70mm Exhaust pipework only 96116307B

Termignoni 70mm full system 96115907B

Carbon rear hugger 96981207B

Carbon heel plates 96979107B

Carbon undertank side panels 96980107B

Carbon air duct covers 96980407B

Carbon fuel cap 96979707B

Silicone hose kit (Red) 96624207B

Silicone hose kit (Blue) 96624107B

High tinted screen 96756407B

Rear paddock stand 96757207B
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
Do you got any prices for all the stuff?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
Yes we need some prices and pics !!! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Question
1. Does it come with a basic hugger or mudgard . It pissed me off that I had to buy these for the triumph.
2. whats a remote adjuster
3. whats the electronic adjuster

what are people getting fitted to their bikes on delivery
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
VB 777 said:
Question
1. Does it come with a basic hugger or mudgard . It pissed me off that I had to buy these for the triumph.
2. whats a remote adjuster
3. whats the electronic adjuster

what are people getting fitted to their bikes on delivery
The bike does not come with a hugger or other form of mudguard as standard - The hugger needs to be ordered seperatley. I hrdered the 1098S, Full Termi System and rear paddock stand. All in £16,046 gbp - The dealer threw the hugger in for free - not muchdiscount - £100 off the £16K price tag!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
I can't believe you posted this confidential dealer document on a public forum....AGAIN! You did it on 1098-forum.com recently and it got pulled by the moderator a the request of Ducati. I hope they don't read this and to the moderator of this site....you best think about the implications of leaving this post up, as this document was NEVER intended for public consumption and FRESNO knows that already. Sorry to rain on your parade but, this really was meant for dealer's eyes only and if you think otherwise then you are mistaken.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
Right click and save pic as...lol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
Rod said:
I can't believe you posted this confidential dealer document on a public forum....AGAIN! You did it on 1098-forum.com recently and it got pulled by the moderator a the request of Ducati. I hope they don't read this and to the moderator of this site....you best think about the implications of leaving this post up, as this document was NEVER intended for public consumption and FRESNO knows that already. Sorry to rain on your parade but, this really was meant for dealer's eyes only and if you think otherwise then you are mistaken.

Hey rod, I am confused...doesn't your signature say "no sense in grumbling"? :confused: Dealer’s eyes or not: I appreciate the knowledge. We all know that it’s not going to help any of us get a full termi system for 1,840!!!

Thanks for the info FRESNO...watch out for those implications. :laughing:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
T-revs said:
Hey rod, I am confused...doesn't your signature say "no sense in grumbling"? :confused: Dealer’s eyes or not: I appreciate the knowledge. We all know that it’s not going to help any of us get a full termi system for 1,840!!!

Thanks for the info FRESNO...watch out for those implications. :laughing:
I think you are right. It doesn't matter if you know how much it is for the dealer or not... you will still pay what he wants and sorry that sounds stupid... but if you buy stuff it will cost you ALWAYS no matter how much somebody makes on it.... And live is expensive...
I think you will not buy that bike if you need to fight over $50....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
I think what Rod is saying is that this information was posted on another 1098 forum that gets huge traffic. Ducati contacted the admin and stated that information was not for the general public and the admin pulled it. Who knows what Ducati said, or what courses of action they could pursue if it was left up. Maybe it is copyrighted? who knows. We all know there is a decent mark up on parts. A quick internet search will tell you what the parts sell for so knowing the dealers cost is moot. You are not going to bargain them down it seems.

Just my $.02

CAG
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
CAG said:
I think what Rod is saying is that this information was posted on another 1098 forum that gets huge traffic. Ducati contacted the admin and stated that information was not for the general public and the admin pulled it. Who knows what Ducati said, or what courses of action they could pursue if it was left up. Maybe it is copyrighted? who knows. We all know there is a decent mark up on parts. A quick internet search will tell you what the parts sell for so knowing the dealers cost is moot. You are not going to bargain them down it seems.

Just my $.02

CAG
Well put Cag. I dont want to see the moderators of this site get into hot water over this and knowing the net price to the dealer is academic, since as you say, we all know they have to make a living out of it, so it's no surprise there is a mark up and discretion should have dictated that at least the dealer price should have been omitted or blocked out of the photo.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
Well yes it does but that aside I am surprised after the roasting Fresno got on the "other" forum over this document that he still beleives it wise to post it up AGAIN. I for one will not be sympathetic if Ducati start making waves over this and won't be surprised if they do. Moderators you need to take this on board as I am not sure you seem to be fully aware of the legal implications of publicising such a document. As you rightly said we ALL know there will be some degree of mark up on spares but it's frankly academic to know how much, as the other alternative, if you wildly object to a dealer making a living and paying his staff and overheads out of any margin, is to not buy the goods. And that's not really an option unless you can source these parts elsewhere.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Get Your Facts Straight

CAG said:
Ducati contacted the admin and stated that information was not for the general public and the admin pulled it.
CAG
Let's set the record straight. I came into this information lawfully and have every right to publish it.

The admin of the other site told me they had been requested to pull the post by DNA. This was a lie. I contacted DNA and they denied it. When I brought this to the attention of the forum Phil and Rhett had no response. Unable to respond and embarrassed about lying to the forum they banned me and closed the thread.

If Phil needs to suck up to DNA in attempt to sell them advertising on his site, so be it. I want a site that is independent and does not censor lawful comments, price information and product complaints.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Rod said:
Well yes it does but that aside I am surprised after the roasting Fresno got on the "other" forum over this document that he still beleives it wise to post it up AGAIN. ......Moderators you need to take this on board as I am not sure you seem to be fully aware of the legal implications of publicising such a document.
Thanks for the suggestion Rod. Please tell us what those legal implications are. It is completely legal.

Do you really believe that invoice pricing is illegal to publish? You're above checking the invoice pricing on a vehicle before purchasing?

This is a discussion forum. As particpants we want to know things like dealer pricing, recalls and service bulletins. Yes, that's right, even confidential service bulletins. If this type of information offends you please don't read it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
824 Posts
By request, the information has been removed from this site. I ask that we please do not post confidential dealer information on this site for obvious reasons.

It is clear that any store, whether it be automotive, or retail, have markups to survive and earn money. That information should be kept private.

Thread closed

Thanks,
Alvin
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top