Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone
it has been 2 days since I noticed this problem. My bike runs fine when I first start riding but after warm up, when I crank on the throttle, my bike just makes exhaust sounds but I am not going anywhere. The only way I can describe it is if you pulled in the clutch while twisting your throttle. I can get to speed in highway traffic but I need to get there in a very slow manner ( I cant twist the throttle hard or I don't go anywhere ). Please let me know what you think it could be? thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Your clutch plates may be knackered..... or

you may have changed levers recently

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Sounds like its the clutch ..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds like its the clutch ..
I was thinking clutch but it seemed to have come without notice. I was sitting in hot traffic for a long time the day before. Do you think it might be the cable needs adjusting if there is provision for that?

·
Registered
70 Posts
It's a hydraulic clutch - so no cable. Try bleeding the clutch, or if the fluid in the master cylinder looks dark then change it completely. If a bleed/fluid change doesn't fix it then I'd look at the plates next.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Do you think it might be the cable needs adjusting if there is provision for that?
It's a hydraulic clutch - so no cable. Try bleeding the clutch, or if the fluid in the master cylinder looks dark then change it completely. If a bleed/fluid change doesn't fix it then I'd look at the plates next.
Agreed.. no cable with the hydraulic clutch.

As mentioned, start with bleeding the system with a quality brake fluid.

BTW: Is it an OEM clutch or aftermarket?

·
Registered
77 Posts
As throbber said, bleed the clutch even if the fluid isnt dark. The ducs from what i read are prone to getting air into the lines if you're using stock master cylinders. Its literally a 10 min job and a cheap and easy way to rule out air in the lines.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Not at all

Air in the lines usually means it won't disengage properly which appears to be the opposite of your problem imo.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I was thinking clutch but it seemed to have come without notice. I was sitting in hot traffic for a long time the day before.
The color of your fluid looks fine, but it doesn't mean the system shouldn't be bleed.

As mentioned before start with bleeding the system, if that doesn't work then head toward plates/clutch.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Heres what my fluid looked like, the clutch is the new fluid and the brake is still the old. I didnt have huge amounts of bubbles coming out of the clutch but there was some in there. Do the bleed regardless of the color

Are you in Calgary by any chance?

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone for the help. I bled it and it didn't solve so I picked up a new clutch pack and installed it myself (surprisingly easy). My bike sounds and feels different now. I like it! And yes I am in Calgary

1 - 14 of 14 Posts