Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Any pix of the 1098 with the seat on and the rear pegs? How quick and painless can the rear pegs be installed?

Jason

·
Registered
1 Posts
no pics yet. But rear peg install is painless. Just remove main seat (2 allen key bolts under back section---basically fold up back corners of rider seat), and bolt up the pegs....that easy.

·
Registered
161 Posts
There is a different post from me, where I asked for a rear seat... there are some pics in it...

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Germany said:
There is a different post from me, where I asked for a rear seat... there are some pics in it...
Well please link me if you can find it cause I look and I can't. :confused:

Jason

·
Registered
161 Posts
Me neither... I check tomorrow the rest of the posts.... sorry... I got to go...

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Germany said:
Me neither... I check tomorrow the rest of the posts.... sorry... I got to go...
Yeah like I said, I did try so if you do, just link it.

Thanks Much.
Jason

·
Registered
161 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Might be a stupid question, but are the "S" models coming as "mono" only? My dealer never asked or mentioned that there would be any choice?
Maybe I should be asking the dealer huh??

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ten98invt said:
Might be a stupid question, but are the "S" models coming as "mono" only? My dealer never asked or mentioned that there would be any choice?
Maybe I should be asking the dealer huh??
Non of the 1098's are mono, they are all 2 seaters that come with the rear seat and cowl AFAIK.

Jason

·
Registered
161 Posts
Visitor Q said:
Non of the 1098's are mono, they are all 2 seaters that come with the rear seat and cowl AFAIK.

Jason
Yep that's right all bikes are going to be biposto ( Wow... I know a cool word), the only question your dealer will prolly ask, is if you want to have the pegs installed or if they shouldn't install them... Somebody said it would only be taking the seat of and two screws each side. :stickpoke

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine was delivered on Thursday and the rear pegs were already attached. The seat came in a seperate box and fits straight in where the seat cowl is. It was raining so she went straight into the nice warm garage til the suns comes out.

That's English weather for you !!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
rear seat

jason;

i have one picture in the gallery section that shows the rear seat on and pegs. They are completely easy to place and remove...as mentioned, just pull the back of the main seat back and unscrew the allen heads. You will then see the large allen bolts holding the pass. pegs to the subframe...just allen wrench needed. By the way...thank you for the excellent write-up of clutch cover/plate replacement. I did it last weekend and it looks killer.

http://www.ducatispot.com/gallery/mwlhrh/101_0241

rob

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mwlhrh said:
jason;

i have one picture in the gallery section that shows the rear seat on and pegs. They are completely easy to place and remove...as mentioned, just pull the back of the main seat back and unscrew the allen heads. You will then see the large allen bolts holding the pass. pegs to the subframe...just allen wrench needed. By the way...thank you for the excellent write-up of clutch cover/plate replacement. I did it last weekend and it looks killer.

http://www.ducatispot.com/gallery/mwlhrh/101_0241

rob
No problem, glad I could help.

Yeah I finally got around to removing my rear pegs since it is such a pain in the a$$ to take others on the bike.

The bolts that kept the pegs on, WOW! It was crazy tough to get those off even with a T-Handle allen wrench, I think I about busted a blood vessel!!. I swear they had to be on there with red loctite or something. My bike came with them installed…

Jason

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't think it looks bad with them installed myself but I did remove... This above most sportbikes is hard to take along a friend.

Jason

·
Registered
188 Posts
Any one in So Cal with custom seat want to sell the stock one? I am interested.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I should elaborate on that, I am interested in the stock front seat not the passenger seat.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts