Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
I heard that Advanced Motorsports might have made some for the 1098 press release in South Africa so hopefully, they could make another set. I am going to call them myself to get a reverse shift kit soon! Their phone number is: 214-466-6540

·
Registered
438 Posts
I am hoping that the hole spacing is the same as my 749R as I have a brand new set of black Gilles rearsets which will look great and they are top quality.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Been into the dealers today and the 749/999 hole spacing is 7.5cm while the 1098 is 6.5cm, so unless modification were to be made then no they will not fit.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Rearsets WILL be available in reverse shift.

Sato makes great rearsets - I have some on my ZX-10R race bike. Do they make any for the 1098 yet? btw, I spoke to Jeff Nash at Advanced Motorsports 817.790.0200, this number is for the second store where he spends most of his time - nonetheless - he said they WILL be making rearsets for the 1098 and should be available in March. They should be making a billet set without finish and one anodized in black. Very similar to what was made for 916-996-998.

Attachments

·
Registered
438 Posts
Are these for the 916 models the same spacing as the 1098 (6.5cm) If so I know where there is a set going for around £20 ( $40)

·
Registered
65 Posts
No, apparently the spacing is slightly different.

·
Site sponsor
880 Posts
We will be offering the Gilles VCR rearsets for 1098 and they will be release in March, available in black or gold. Pre orders are beeing accepted already, demand will be high so don't wait. A picture is on our website under 1098 section, this is a file photo of the prototype on a CBR but will be basicly the same design for the 1098.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Saw the guys from Acculign measuring my bike in the showroom. They will be getting a set out soon too. I am going to let them prototype on mine when I get it. If it's anything like the ones they put out for the 999, they'll be worth waiting for. NICE!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Yea it sucks that they had to modify the rearsets on the 1098 so slightly (wonder why $$$) that triple nine units dont work on it. As for getting 999 rearsets to fit, depending on the 999's rearsets mounting bracket, it is possible with a little easy machining and the use of an offset washer / bolt. That's if you had to do it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts