Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be picking up my '08 1098 S next month. This will be my first Ducati after being a fan for several years.

Any recommendations on high performace exhaust systems? Carbon Canisters preferred.

Thanks!

· Premium Member
2,750 Posts
exhaust options

Jwallig said:
Any recommendations on high performace exhaust systems?
Jwalig,

Don't mess around with this. Buy the Full Termi system with dedicated racing ECU and free-flowing air filter. You'll regret it later if you don't.

Elton

· Registered
33 Posts
Man Elton, you really pimp that full system. Do you get a % from Termi? ;) ;) ;) ;)

I would say, look around to see what looks and sounds good to you. Any Ducati owner will be only too happy to start their bike so you can hear what xxxx brand exhaust sounds like, so hit a local bike night or dealer event.

Jason S.

· Registered
990 Posts
Jwallig, ride your bike stock for a while. Use the $3k you'd put down for the full Termis for a leather riding suit, suspension tuning and some track time. "Bling" doesn't count for crap if you grandma the left hand sweepers. Some have pooped on the S's Ohlin's, but if you're the right weight, then they're right for you. Try to realize what you ahve to start with before you jump on the "make more noise but can't ride" band wagon. Or else, buy a Harley.

By the way, Elton owns Termignoni, and the he should be barred from posting anything more about Teri's because it's a violation of the posting rules set out by this sites administrators in their sticky.

· Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
unbalancedengineerin said:
Man Elton, you really pimp that full system. Do you get a % from Termi? ;) ;) ;) ;)

I would say, look around to see what looks and sounds good to you. Any Ducati owner will be only too happy to start their bike so you can hear what xxxx brand exhaust sounds like, so hit a local bike night or dealer event.

Jason S.
I will see what my dealer has to offer when my 1098 comes in.

· Registered
990 Posts
Absolutely, Unbalancedengineer, you can enjoy the sound, but I'm afraid that Ducatisti are becoming more and more enamored with the looks and sound of thier bikes as opposed to becoming riders that can exploit the capabilities of thier bikes. R1 riders won't discount the abilities of our bikes but they'll crap all over the middleaged rich guys that buy them. Maybe you could promote the image of a Ducati rider that can ride as opposed to a Ducati rider that can pay. When you meet an F-16 pilot you know that he's a great pilot because he's an f-16 pilot, not because he pilots an F-16.

· Registered
210 Posts
Jwallig said:
Any recommendations on high performace exhaust systems?
In my humble opinion, Mr. Influx is right. Go with the full Termignoni Exhaust System. Ducati and Terms go hand-in-glove.

Anything else (again in my humble opinion) would be like going to a fine Italian restaurant and ordering a hamburger.

~Vaughn~

P.S. Not that there is anything wrong with that ... but ... ;)

· Registered
145 Posts
"When you meet an F-16 pilot you know that he's a great pilot because he's an f-16 pilot, not because he pilots an F-16."

Yes, and he was a pompous a%^&hole too which is why I wouldn't hire him....:).

Jet

· Registered
990 Posts
Jet said:
"When you meet an F-16 pilot you know that he's a great pilot because he's an f-16 pilot, not because he pilots an F-16."

Yes, and he was a pompous a%^&hole too which is why I wouldn't hire him....:).

Jet

Yes, and that's why he's a F-16 pilot and I flip burgers. You ever meet a CEO that was not pompous? How about a racer that didn't tell ou about how good they are? You ever meet a boxer or mixedmartial arts guy that said they were mediocre? They aren't flying to take you to Spokane, WA, on Alsaksa airlines. They're flying to kill the bad guy. They know they can kill the bad guy. They are just a half step away from F-15C's which have a 100% kill ratio. I would be a pompous waterwalker too if I were one of them. You should hire him in a minute because he can get the job done, no questions asked.

· Registered
1,134 Posts
Well

Since you asked a question about exhausts and nothing else, I have to assume you have had bikes and own the proper safety equipment etc. And that you understand the value of the Ohlins and you got it because you want to focus on your riding development and all that. (definitely have your dealer dial it in for your weight BEFORE you ride it out...and that should be a free purchase service IMO - was for me)

IMO the Termis do in fact go very nice with your Ducati. Not only bling, but sound and most of all POWER. Not like you'll need it...but hey, I'd send my Ferrari F430 to Novitec if A) I had a Ferrari F430 and B) if money was not an issue for me. Not because I'd need the extra power in another millenium or two...

To each his own, enjoy the new rig!

Jwallig said:
I will be picking up my '08 1098 S next month. This will be my first Ducati after being a fan for several years.

Any recommendations on high performace exhaust systems? Carbon Canisters preferred.

Thanks!

· Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
NewDuc said:
Since you asked a question about exhausts and nothing else, I have to assume you have had bikes and own the proper safety equipment etc. And that you understand the value of the Ohlins and you got it because you want to focus on your riding development and all that. (definitely have your dealer dial it in for your weight BEFORE you ride it out...and that should be a free purchase service IMO - was for me)

IMO the Termis do in fact go very nice with your Ducati. Not only bling, but sound and most of all POWER. Not like you'll need it...but hey, I'd send my Ferrari F430 to Novatec if A) I had a Ferrari F430 and B) if money was not an issue for me. Not because I'd need the extra power in another millenium or two...

To each his own, enjoy the new rig!
You are right. Over the years I have brought myself up from a 600cc -> 1000cc. For the most part I have always done my own work including gears, jets, mods, exhaust, etc. I take pride in knowing what kind of motorcycle I have and spare no expense to make sure it's taken care of and performs well.

I have wanted to ride/own a ducati since I saw the 916 and 748's. I get to live my dream of owning a Ducati and I want to make sure I do it right the first time.

· Registered
145 Posts
At the risk of hijacking the thread, the comment on the F-16 jock is just because I was interviewing people for a position in a company I was with. I also flew although not F-16s. The guy came in and basically said he was the greatest thing that ever walked the face of the earth, could do the job in his sleep and I should hire him immediately. His attitude, his demeanor and his lack of any training for the position meant he was woefully UNQUALIFIED for the position and especially so concerning the public contact it would entail. He might have been the best F-16 pilot in history but there was NO WAY I was going to turn him loose among the engineers I dealt with. Cockiness, aggressiveness, etc. work fine in the cockpit of a fighter but not in dealing with the public, at least not the public he was going to have to deal with. I respect people, not titles, positions, rank, etc. and for what it is worth, I got my black belt in 1980 so I've got some background there too. I hope you also noticed the smiley at the end of my sentence indicating some humor there so let's don't take this too seriously.

Respectfully,

Jet

· Registered
990 Posts
smiley face??? Do you like to give blow jobs?
You didn't fly in an F16?
He (the F16 pilot) can't emote with your clients (a bunch of engineers who dream about the sky?)?
You got your black belt 27 years ago?

Are you kidding me? Please tell me that you play video games all day and can't drive a stick shift. Pathetic. You didn't hire the F16 pilot because he could do your job better than you could. Go suck on your thumb.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.