Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Very nice Peet. Are they slip ons on the bike as the EXUP valve and cables are still in place? Sounds awesome!!!! Lucky you and judging by the smile on your face I would say you are very pleased.

·
Registered
49 Posts
So, they came standard on the S model then?
that's great if it does... I wasn't expecting them to cough up the slip ons and the carbon fiber clutch cover...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't dome with all that.

A bought as an option:

-Termignoni exhaust kit.
-carbon clutch cover.
-carbon front sprocket cover.
-carbon tankpad. (not mounted on the pics)
-carbon rear mudguard. (not delivered yet)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics, I especially like #4 nice and wide looking down the exaust.
I have sold my 749 dark and ordered a 1098 standard and i am thinking that some of the carbon bits (clutch cover etc) will bolt on... we shall see. 749's will sell quickly here in Calgary this spring cuz there is a Ducaticup racing program being set up, any ducati under 115 hp.

I will be photographing the race series here this year and will post pics when available.

cheers to you all

Tufduc

·
Registered
65 Posts
Peet, where do you live that you were able to get one so quickly?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Didn't had the chance to ride her yet. I ordered Pilot Powers and they weren't at my dealer yet. Will try to make a short run 2 morrow and post my first impressions.

i live in Belgium, Europe.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Carbon clutch cover...

Peet said:
I didn't dome with all that.

A bought as an option:

-Termignoni exhaust kit.
-carbon clutch cover.
-carbon front sprocket cover.
-carbon tankpad. (not mounted on the pics)
-carbon rear mudguard. (not delivered yet)

Is the carbon clutch cover the same one that has always fit Ducatis or is it a special one. Do you have a part number for it?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Clutch cover and front sprocket cover are the same as on all SBK models.

@all: I didn't have the chance to ride the bike yet. They delivered the wrong tires. Because of X-mas my dealer is closed a few days. My bike will be ready on thursday, I'll post my experiences then.

GreetZ

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tyre size

:crazyeyes Congrats Peet, the sound is even better than I expected

Are the Power Pilots available in the same size as the one that are original (190*55)
and how come your choice to change?
What do you think about the 2CT Michelin tyres?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
@Pierre Col: congrats and good luck with the bike!

@Lucky Luke: I'm am riding with the Pilot Power for 2 years now. First had them on my gixxer:

Then I had the 2 CT on my MV:

I am really used to these tires and as you can see they give excellent grip. Never had any problems with them and the rear tire is the only sportstire that lasts more then 5000km with me.

Plus, contrary to the Supercorse, it gives excellent grip in the rain.

The rear tire is not yet available in 190/55 (it will be soon). But I am gonna mount a 190/50 and rase the rear a lil.

GreetZ

1 - 20 of 40 Posts