Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok
so im riding my 1098 today, im as happy as can be! all the sudden i hear a whine come from the clutch, all day i was having problem's catching a gear above 2nd. i look down and my pressure plate is NOT turning freely!!!! i think WTF!!! so i limp home in 1st gear. and my shifter is stuck in first but i can push the bike with out engaging the clutch. i am very pissed because i wanted to ride this weekend.

now i have to wait till Monday to call the dealer t see if they will pick it up. im tired of dealing with the little surprises with this bike. i wish it would just run with out a problem.

on a side note today i learned my bike is 2 times louder than a fatboy with straight pipes :naughty: infact im going to start using my head phones or shooting ear plugs cause i cant stand the noise anymore!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bleep the what? bleed the clutch? how do i do ziis? what does that do to my stuck shifter? it wont move

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
bleep the what? bleed the clutch? how do i do ziis? what does that do to my stuck shifter? it wont move
In my case i had difficulty shifting as there was air/mist in the clutch line. I could not find neutral, down shift or upshift unless i was on the hammer, then i could up shift without the clutch but down shifting was a bitch. Dealer bled the clutch in two minutes and it is good as new. The problem was because of the crapp in the line the clutch would not engage enough. May help may not let us know.

Cheers

smarty

·
Banned
726 Posts
Ok
so im riding my 1098 today, im as happy as can be! all the sudden i hear a whine come from the clutch, all day i was having problem's catching a gear above 2nd. i look down and my pressure plate is NOT turning freely!!!! i think WTF!!! so i limp home in 1st gear. and my shifter is stuck in first but i can push the bike with out engaging the clutch. i am very pissed because i wanted to ride this weekend.

now i have to wait till Monday to call the dealer t see if they will pick it up. im tired of dealing with the little surprises with this bike. i wish it would just run with out a problem.
If it's stuck in gear but you can still pull in the clutch and push it, it could be either the lever return spring or a bent/dammaged shift fork.

Sorry you're having grief with it, but if you've been listening to the die hard Ducati zelots you should know by now: "IT"S A THOROUGHBRED, IT'S MENT TO BREAK DOWN" :jerkoff:

Mind you , the last thoroughbred I saw that couldnt move under it's own power, the vet came out and put a 9mm behind its ear. :eek:

Hope you're back on the road soon!

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Good luck on Monday, it's a Holiday.

Not sure if you saw my post, my tail light took a $hit.

Join the Club.

Jason

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Ok

on a side note today i learned my bike is 2 times louder than a fatboy with straight pipes :naughty: infact im going to start using my head phones or shooting ear plugs cause i cant stand the noise anymore!
Hey did you ever find out what was wrong with your bike? mine did the same thing tonight on the ride home. i had to limp it home in third gear. was it just the clutch? i was feeling bad for all you guys all this time and happy my bike was running awesome and all of a sudden this had to happen, the exact thing you decribed.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dont know, aparently is just an adjustment, but the dealer decided to destroy the rear of my bike while fixing it,...its suposedly easy to do..

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
in another tread, I can t talk about it but my bike was vandalised and or damaged at the dealership while it was there....

·
Registered
732 Posts
haha so fitting and so true!
lol sorry guys but this is really funny,

so wtf, are we supposed to ride the damn thing or make friends with tow trucks drivers?
my bike in the shop for 600 miles service, and I hope I don't have all those
problems "knocking on wood and broke it"
but I just know it I am going back there at some point for something,
already a power regulator and lean issues resolved.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Well, My bike just experienced this issue. I was unable to shift and the gearbox seized. This was during my merging onto an on ramp. I was unable to drive mine home, so I have pic of a 1098 being towed. I('s going to the dealer tomorrow. I have to see wht hey say Especially since I just paid 661 for the 7500 mile sevrice where they stated that the bike was striped annd reviewed witha fine tooth comb.
Hey Elton what do you think?.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have had this problem three times already, they keep bleeding air out of my clutch. It's a warranty issue now, waiting for them to agree to fix it for good.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts