Ducati.org forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Bigcheese, I am not talking about your your bike, just another infamous 1098. I feel your pain. BTW, did you install new rearsets?. Did you adjust the shift linkage?

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Yeah I put a set of sato rearsets on. The dealer said they know the problem. Just a quick adjustment. They said its been happening with a few 1098s

·
Registered
23 Posts
Where is Chaka?

BAD KARMA
I think it must suck to be Chaka!:lightning

Please tell us about the Chaka hacka hunka chunka of rolling junka 1098?:stickpoke:stickpoke

Is it still broken? How many miles have you put on it ?

Please Tell:violin::violin:

·
Registered
33 Posts
sounds like the same issue I had. Shift fork was borderline tolerance, fork return spring broke, transmission locked in second. My dealer replaced the return spring, adjusted the shift forks. The transmission shifts like butter now. Couldn't even tell where they were into the transmission.

·
Registered
122 Posts
sounds like the same issue I had. Shift fork was borderline tolerance, fork return spring broke, transmission locked in second. My dealer replaced the return spring, adjusted the shift forks. The transmission shifts like butter now. Couldn't even tell where they were into the transmission.
I can't believe Ducatio are still having this problem. It happened to my 500 Pantah the day after the Warrantty ran out. Still probably would have chosen to fix it myself anyway. Just nice to know, nobodies hands have been in there but yours. The spring only cost about $1.50. Had to make a few special tools for the Job though.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts