Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I joined in this site new. I have a 2007 1098. I have a problem that nobody solved this. When the 1098 are heating up, it stop working . it happened in 100 °C nearly. Fuel pump, starter, battery cable, battery is a New. I cant sole this problem. Some ducati owners say this : you must eject the noiser on the exhaust. I have a Termignoni by the way. Is it connection with the exhaust? Im I am grateful since now for your answers.

· Registered
1,415 Posts
The Termignoni exhaust would not cause the problem.
If the engine stops when the temperature reaches 100° I would look for a problem with the cooling fans. The computer starts the cooling fans when the coolant temperature reaches close to 100°. Check to see if the fans start — and if the engine stops when the fans start. If the computer signals the fans to start, and there is a fan motor electrical circuit problem, this could cause your shutdown.

· Registered
147 Posts
Does it start when cooled off? Yes. Sounds like a crank sensor.

Does a temp light come on, turns the fan on? Yes. Not if the fan works.

Coolant stays in the radiator, is now low in coolant? Then might be the radiator cap and check the blow off number with a pressure tester, or buy a new radi cap. But, to buy it/test it, it has to show the coolant level is down below the filler neck of the radiator and you see cooling fins, not coolant.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes fan working on 103°C and heat temp not show on display. When the stop working at heating, I try to start again and display is resetting and motocycle not start. When display on again writed "SW...." problem and clock etc. is resetting. Today I will check the coolant.

· Registered
1,415 Posts
The engine coolant temperature never displays? If not, there's problem with the computer not receiving coolant temperatures from the sensor. The computer needs this temperature information to retard ignition timing at high temperatures. The sensor failure default is starting the fans at lower temperatures.

Note: A "SW" display and software reset of the instrument display information has often been attributed to low battery voltage or loose/corroded battery connections.

· Registered
10 Posts
Hi everyone. I joined in this site new. I have a 2007 1098. I have a problem that nobody solved this. When the 1098 are heating up, it stop working . it happened in 100 °C nearly. Fuel pump, starter, battery cable, battery is a New. I cant sole this problem. Some ducati owners say this : you must eject the noiser on the exhaust. I have a Termignoni by the way. Is it connection with the exhaust? Im I am grateful since now for your answers.
The older Ducati’s are known fir this. Best bet junk that bike and get a 2021 or newer. Ducati only recently got good since merging with Audi/Volkswagen.

· Premium Member
37 Posts
Pay attention to Shazaam; he knows Ducatis.
Disregard Zagitusss.until he comes up with something constructive for you. It's a machine; it can be fixed.

Pilgrim

· Registered
6,810 Posts
Not true in my case Zag. Over 100,000 kms on my 1098S now, with many track days, and almost no problems at all, apart from the early radiator issue (and the odometer...). Your baseless suggestions about older Ducatis are just silly. How can you claim the long-term reliability of a bike that has only just come out?
I've got 96,000 kms on a '90s 750SS, and 168,000 on a '70s 900SS, that suggest you don't know what you're talking about. Similarly long mileages on my old 750 Sport, my 600 Pantah, and other Ducatis in the past.
My highly modified 1098 is still fantastic, regardless of its mileage. I went through the engine at 76,000, but I needn't have. It was in excellent nick inside at that distance. I just wanted to do a bit in there.
;)
It may make you feel like 'the big man', but your 'advice' is of no help to anyone on here. Facts? Truth? Hardly.
There is a joy in doing long miles on a bike, owning it for years, going through so much together, 'bonding' with it, that you will never experience.
I have had fantastic ownership out of many 'old' Ducatis over the last 50 years.

· Registered
10 Posts
Not true in my case Zag. Over 100,000 kms on my 1098S now, with many track days, and almost no problems at all, apart from the early radiator issue (and the odometer...). Your baseless suggestions about older Ducatis are just silly. How can you claim the long-term reliability of a bike that has only just come out?
I've got 96,000 kms on a '90s 750SS, and 168,000 on a '70s 900SS, that suggest you don't know what you're talking about. Similarly long mileages on my old 750 Sport, my 600 Pantah, and other Ducatis in the past.
My highly modified 1098 is still fantastic, regardless of its mileage. I went through the engine at 76,000, but I needn't have. It was in excellent nick inside at that distance. I just wanted to do a bit in there.
;)
It may make you feel like 'the big man', but your 'advice' is of no help to anyone on here. Facts? Truth? Hardly.
There is a joy in doing long miles on a bike, owning it for years, going through so much together, 'bonding' with it, that you will never experience.
I have had fantastic ownership out of many 'old' Ducatis over the last 50 years.
You are entitled to your opinion 😁

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks all for advice. :) I could buy a Panigale V4 but I love my motocycle, just I want to solve all problems. That's why I wanted to get help from you. Its 22.500 Km at now. I left it to the authorized service for this problems and desmo. If the problems are solved or not, I will write here again.

· Registered
605 Posts
If i read that right...bike dies at temp...when its dies, does the dash go blank? ...if yes...you could have a cable that is expanding beyond its contacts...a chassis ground or power cable... something near the battery or relay

· Registered
Railside Performance
38 Posts
It is definately NOT your exhaust so strike that off the list. While I do not have an exact answer, these bikes sometimes have issues when hot do to the charcoal cannister getting clogged after years of use. Most people take them off since they are only required for a few places in the world. Please keep us updated.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts