Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Nice report man! Keep 'em coming.

You think the Ohlins on the S would solve the bottoming out problem?
False neutral: seems a problem on some bikes. I never noticed it on my S during break in.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Some weeks ago I posted the question " does anyone know what rider weight the stock 1098 springs are set for?. I received no answers. I called my dealer who said that he would try and find out from the "tech" guys, again no answer. I asked DNA who did not know and said to ask my dealer!!. It is obvious after reading this report that the springs are too light for what looks to be an average rider weight. I can only assume that the guys who spent $5000 for gold colored suspension are never going to be able to set it up if they are slightly over or under average weight, especialy over!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Mike, one thing of note I came across about the shift lever. I know you have rearsets on order but the shifter arm can be reversed to GP shift without any interference problems if you're interested. My dealer also turned me on to a shorter shift arm from a late model multistrada which significantly shortened the throw necessary on the foot lever. I found it made for much more positive gear selections. If interested the Ducati p/n for the shorter link arm is 45610381A.

Best of luck on the track!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Nice report.
I also sent Dominique a request for tips on visiting Paris.
Thanks!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the comments, I have a race shift lever from a 999 on at the moment so will see how it feels when the rear sets are fitted.

My weight in full kit is 81kg so pretty average. New springs def req!!

DUCMILLE having problems with site comms please PM me with request.

Mike

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A friend of mine is racing the S and has the same issues with the front. I guess the after market guys are going to have a feast!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Madracer said:
Thanks for the comments, I have a race shift lever from a 999 on at the moment so will see how it feels when the rear sets are fitted.

My weight in full kit is 81kg so pretty average. New springs def req!!

DUCMILLE having problems with site comms please PM me with request.

Mike
Mike -- Sent you PM. Thanks for any Paris help!

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Great write-up thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.