Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2008 has 7500 miles on it. I bought it in 08 with 1600 miles on it. In May I did the belt replacement, new plugs, and refreshed all fluids. After rotating the engine slowly through all cycles to verify that I didn't fuck it up, I took it out for a ride.
With gentle application of throttle I can ride it up to 85 MPH +/- where it dies and sounds like blaaaaahhhhh. If I open the throttle wide at any speed it does the same. Sounds like fuel delivery right?
I dumped a whole bottle of injector cleaner in the tank and burned through it with no change. Next I replaced the fuel filter. Again, no change at all. Dumped a bottle of seafoam in and rode another 60 miles. I have since removed the plugs and the one in the vertical cylinder was wetter than the horizontal. I have removed the vertical injector, connected it to a 9V battery and cleaned it out multiple times. Put everything back together and no change.
After the bike cooled down I started it back up and let it run for a minute and used a spray bottle on the pipes to verify that both cylinders are running. I will be extracting the other injector later, I might have mixed up which plug was messy....
can anyone think of any other possible causes for my symptoms? O2 sensor?

·
Registered
14 Posts
did you ever fix this problem? I hate that these threads don't get many responses quicker/.. I spoke with a mechanic this weekend and showed him a video of my 1098 exhaust on fire and he thinks one of my injectors is dirty and needs cleaning.. he owned an injector cleaning shop back in the day. says that you can't clean it nearly as good as a shop.. says that the guy he sold the shop to charges $18 per injector. so for $40 i might just pop out mine and let him try. why not

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm going to be honest I was thinking the same thing.. Can't lie.. His garage however was about 10,000 square ft. and had about a million dollars in toys in it so after I left I got to thinking maybe he was right..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts