Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only one dealer to my knowledge has received their demo bike in the UK as of today (20th December). My dealer will receive theirs soon. Official launch has been delayed until the 6th of January 2007 in the UK at all national dealerships. I cannot wait until then to see one in the flesh, so I am hoping to sneak a look and a feel of the new bike before the New Year, as the wait is killing me! :bash:

·
Registered
438 Posts
My local dealer has just placed his 1098 S on display today, M & S Motorcycles in Newcastle Upon Tyne, uk. The dealer even rang me as soon as he opened to let me be one of the first to see it in his showroom.
Going for a look later today :D

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
iang said:
My local dealer has just placed his 1098 S on display today, M & S Motorcycles in Newcastle Upon Tyne, uk. The dealer even rang me as soon as he opened to let me be one of the first to see it in his showroom.

Well I will hopefully get to see it in the flesh this week, at least before Xmas but they have finally got the brochures in, so I am picking one up tomorrow to tide me over. Enjoy today and let me know what you thought of it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
iang said:
I was sat on the demo bike at Ducati Leeds on Saturday morning! It was there on Friday, but couldn't make it that day! Three things to note: the horrible external weld on the nearside of the swingarm (three inches long and looks like a badly repaired duelling scar); the horrible, big, flat, raw ally exup valve cover plate has been replaced by a neater black one (at least on the "S", which this one is); the exhaust end caps still have a noticeable "squint". Otherwise it looks pretty damn good. Oh, and the screen is very low.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I sat on a demo 1098s in Glasgow on Saturday 23rd and they let me start it up. It had termi's without the baffles and that was enough for me! I take delivery of my new 1098 in May 2007. I'm going to have to go back on the 6th Jan when they re-open to get some video footage of the bike to help keep me sane until it arrives.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I bet that was the sweetest sound in the world hearing those termi's... loud? deep? just plain gnarley? You'll have to post up the video when you get it, so exciting!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes the sound was ridiculous! I am already planning to put Termi slip-ons and an alarm on the 1098 when I get it. I don't know how I am going to survive until May! If I get any video worth looking at I'll post it here when I have it.

I also like the idea of putting red rim tape on like on the S. Has anyone got any recommendations for rim tape?

Cheers,

Gavin.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi guys, I pickep up my 1098s from Motorapido in Winchester on 23rd Dec. Because of Christmas i've only done 140 miles on it but it is the nuts. I had an 05 999s before and it really is in a different league. I've posted some reviews on www.ducatisportingclub.com if you're interested.

I'm off tomorrow to have the Termis fitted, they have only just arrived so baffles out and ear plugs in!

If you haven't had a test ride yet, throw a leg over as soon as you can. In this world of Jap bikes with an extra 3hp more and 3kg less, this bike is a massive leap over the 999 and a real thrill.

I think my bike was the first one on the road in the U.K. but only by ten feet as my mate picked his one up at the same time. I'd be interested to hear if anyone else in the U.K. has one on the road yet?

Cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well I went back through to Glasgow with my video camera but the footage I got was not as good as some of the stuff I have now seen on youtube so there's no point in posting it anywhere.

I am now wondering if I should go ahead and order the termi slip ons so they arrive with the bike in May? If i wait too long there may be shortages and a long wait.

Problems problems!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts