Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:) Are you guys going to change stock windscreen on your bikes ( 1098's ) and what brand and color you going to put on ?????

:conveyer:

·
Registered
305 Posts
I borrowed the screen tool of my dealer and sending the screen away to get molded this week and getting some dark tinted ones made up in the stock profile

Will put the additional ones on Ebay to offset the cost of the mold

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dibs said:
i put the Ducati corse (smoked) on it. looks good! I'll try to get you pictures this weekend.

I will check pics later !!!
Thank you !!!!
:D

·
Registered
162 Posts
I got the Ducati Corse one which looks pretty cool, and tinted is much better!!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Ducati Corse - clear.
I can't stand the smoked screens on the track.
Must be these aging eyes!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Still waiting...3 weeks ! As my bike was ready friday, I will have to fing out how to install it. I could had that done with the prep.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Screen install is REALLY easy..... Quick question though, is it just my screen / fairing or does everyones vibrate a bit when you're up at crusing speeds? It seems as if the upper ends of the fairing & screen really don't have enough support, and they tend to shake, as so do my mirrors... Anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
337 Posts
DucatiGuy said:
Screen install is REALLY easy..... Quick question though, is it just my screen / fairing or does everyones vibrate a bit when you're up at crusing speeds? It seems as if the upper ends of the fairing & screen really don't have enough support, and they tend to shake, as so do my mirrors... Anyone else experience this?
DG -- what speed are you cruising?? Only the 2nd day with mine, so only been around the block and up to 30mph, its wet here.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
DucatiGuy said:

Yup, exactly, couldn't have described it better....Sort of annoyed me at first, but I'm starting to get use to it...

If you figure out a way to eliminate or reduce it significantly, let me know!

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Any idea is Fabbri makes a solid black screen for the 1098?

Any USA dealers?

Jason

·
Registered
488 Posts
Ive had the same vibration issue - it seems more on the left side on mine.

As far as screens, Ive had 2 previous Ducs and an R6 and on all of them I used ZeroG DoubleBubble screens. So I think Im going to go with that again on this bike.

My other Ducs were yellow and my r6 black, so limo black looked good. On the tricolore I may try to go smoke instead of black.

-d

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
DucatiGuy said:
Screen install is REALLY easy.....
Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you have to remove the nose to install the windscreen on this bike?

Jason

1 - 20 of 21 Posts