Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my bike back full termi installed. It runs great no more stalling. I did new pressure plate etc. I will post pictures tomorrow. I think that the full exhaust and new ecu solve the stalling problem.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Congrats on the full termi. How often did your 1098 stall? It's a chronic problem with my 1098S. I've had 16 incidents in 411 miles. I took delivery a week and half ago. Folks have told me everything from the light flywheel and tight new motor, ECU, TPS, and Lambda sensor. My dealership is in the dark or just not saying at this point. I don't want to drop several more grand to resolve an inherent problem. What's the staright scoop on this stalling problem?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Geezer said:
Congrats on the full termi. How often did your 1098 stall? It's a chronic problem with my 1098S. I've had 16 incidents in 411 miles. I took delivery a week and half ago. Folks have told me everything from the light flywheel and tight new motor, ECU, TPS, and Lambda sensor. My dealership is in the dark or just not saying at this point. I don't want to drop several more grand to resolve an inherent problem. What's the staright scoop on this stalling problem?
Geezer,
I had the Full Termi's installed from day 1 on my Base. No stalls.

·
Registered
215 Posts
pretty much the full termi system will clear or cause you not to have stalls because it removes all O2 sensors from what I understand. Stockers and slip ons will continue to have the stalls. Currently my dealer doesnt have the headers so that I can go to full exhaust or I would

·
Registered
79 Posts
I haven't noticed any stalling on my standard, but then again I only have like 60 miles. I already have the Termi slip-ons, are you telling me I should plan on buying the rest of the system to avoid stalling in the future?

Anyone know of a place with good prices on the rest of the system?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Mt. Kisco, NY...I am up in Hopewell Jct. I go up to the Marcus Dairy a lot so hope to see you up there.

Folks that have the full system are experiencing the problem as well so I don't think I would buy the full system unless you were planning on it anyway. A fix should be in the works (I hope).

·
Registered
79 Posts
Nice. I only did the slip-ons cause I can't justify spending that much on a full stainless system just cause it's for a Duc! Plus these have enough power to keep up with I4 liter bikes, unlike the old 916/996/998 which needed some extra power.

I hope I see you out on the road. Where else do you ride? I usually go for a blast up into CT, on the Merritt (new roads are sooooo smooth).

·
Registered
122 Posts
rettags said:
I haven't noticed any stalling on my standard, but then again I only have like 60 miles. I already have the Termi slip-ons, are you telling me I should plan on buying the rest of the system to avoid stalling in the future?

Anyone know of a place with good prices on the rest of the system?
No I have all stock and no stalling issues. You can compensate for the o2 sensor. Dealer just needs to make a small adjustment with the second cylinder as the bike is running a little lean. My dealer has adjusted all 1098s coming in and none of us have had any stalling issues.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
stalling

from everything that I have heard they are very lean from the factory, and a new ecu is needed to solve this problem. I have not seen any 1098's with full exhaust stall, but I have heard it happening in some of the posts. I think that the new ecuwith the full pipe solves the problem

·
Registered
179 Posts
kperry said:
from everything that I have heard they are very lean from the factory, and a new ecu is needed to solve this problem....I think that the new ecuwith the full pipe solves the problem
Thats the way I understand it as well.

·
Registered
162 Posts
It stalled on me once since they adjusted the rpm and reset the tps..

and i have ridden it about 120 miles since the services done and only one stall. I want to get the termi exhaust any ways though.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I'm at 560 miles with the termi slip on's. The O2 sensor is removed and it has a new race ECU. It has stalled four times and I'm just going to richen it up a bit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts