Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided I'm going to do some tasteful mods to my 1098R...any ideas on where I should start??
I've got carbon mirrors, protectors, infils etc plus BST's.

Any help would be appreciated guys!!

Attachments

·
Registered
248 Posts
nice bike! maybe just the new style termi's, and a cleaner tail-tidy.

the 1098R is almost perfect anyway, not much you can do really!

·
Registered
104 Posts
The 1098R/1198R is the best Superbike Ducati has ever built except for possibly the Superleggera. Therefore there is nothing that really needs to be replaced except for aftermarket parts that are in fact better that the OEM plus a few better looking components.

That being said, below are the aftermarket parts I added to my 1098R with +9500 miles:

First I treat my bikes like my horses meaning I clean them after each ride so a single bike stand with the right cleaners is key.

The Galfer Superbike Rotors with Galfer pads and brakelines are the best performance addition I have added to my 1098R. Also notice the metal decal added to my rear Brembo caliper.

I ride my 1098R as fast as I can in the twisties so I have two fingers over the brake lever and four over the clutch all the time. Therefore, the CRG carbon levers not only look great but they mute any vibration. That being said, the Driven grips help as well.

(Continued below)

Attachments

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
Moly.... I couldn't leave mine alone... the only think OEM is the frame (kinda) the motor (kinda, at least the cases, and the TI stuff), rear shock (kinda) and the fork tubes (kinda).... I guess that's about it..... oh yeah, air box and throttle bodies..

Reactions: Moly

·
Registered
104 Posts
(Continued from above)

I love the power of my 1098R and it rides even more spirited if you add a tooth to the rear sprocket with a SuperSprox 39T. Also, I have reduced my chain width to a 520 from 525. Of course, wherever you can exchange your OEM hardware with titanium. Also on the drive train I added carbon fiber to the plastic chain guard.

I am not sure I understand the design of the OEM carbon exhaust guard so I exchanged the guard with one that vents to the rear not the side. Of course for a little bling the heel guards should be carbon fiber. For me, I love the 1098R rearsets so they stay.

The carbon clutch guard is one I got off of eBay and cut it out even further.

The HealTech gear indicator helps me make sure I am in the right gear and is great when I refer back to my GoPro videos. I use GoPro as a coach to help me see what I am doing right and what I could do better. I mount my GoPro right on the tank with the adhesive backed mount. This is the best method to reduce vibration in my videos.

Now for the bling, the Termignoni slant exhaust is a must for a complete look for your bike. I also added carbon fiber reservoir caps and the integrated tail looks great and I like the way it flashes first ever time I hit the brake. Also, notice the carbon fiber license holder which I added two LEDS.

So what else do I want to add?

Clearly a quick shifter, when I watch my videos you can notice the loss in acceleration when I up shift. I am trying to figure out which one to get.

Also, I am working on an LED headlight system as well as an HID headlight system. I have extra headlight units I have bought on eBay to swap out my OEM headlight. Most likely I will finish them over the winter. As a note, my S4RS HID headlight works great!

Hope all this helps those on the Ducati forum.

Congratulations on your new 1098R!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
377 Posts
I've decided I'm going to do some tasteful mods to my 1098R...any ideas on where I should start??

Not the low hanging fruit, but when looking at a stock bike, even a 1098R, we see a lot of plated steel hardware, and cast aluminum pieces. Find billet and Ti alternatives, these details I think are nice. Microtec ECU, SP Quick Shifter, billet rearsets were all nice additions to my 1198.

·
Registered
55 Posts

will you be riding it on the track

·
Registered
55 Posts
Put a yoyodyne on and brembo rcs master cylinder. I would also look into getting the corse swingarm if you can find one.

Engine work I would get the DP corse race cams and Inlet trumpets.

I think the bst wheels also look great on it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts