Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

My bike is at the shop getting ready to be dyno'd. Only mods are a full system and a light weight flywheel(not that it should count). I'll be using a tuneboy map on my ecu. I know they're are normally shitfits thrown about dyno results so i just wanted to ask before i post the dyno sheets:

1. which standard is more accepted? std, sae, etc.
2. what do i have to look out for in terms of correction factors
3. what info other than the hp and torque values should be on the graph?
3. what kind of results should i expect?

On the first run today, we got 166hp with 92 ft/lbs of torque.
this is before the tuneboy map.

It is running on a dynojet dyno.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
240 Posts
Dyno measurement comparisons are pretty useless unless its on the same dyno under the same circumstances. What you want to see is the same settings from one run to another on the same dyno along with the Air/Fuel Ratio. If the dyno settings are the same then all you should worry about is the gains/losses from one run to the next. Don't focus on the peak numbers. As long as the fueling is within an acceptable range and there are no big dips or breakups in the hp/tq or AFR then Im happy.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Dyno measurement comparisons are pretty useless unless its on the same dyno under the same circumstances. What you want to see is the same settings from one run to another on the same dyno along with the Air/Fuel Ratio. If the dyno settings are the same then all you should worry about is the gains/losses from one run to the next. Don't focus on the peak numbers. As long as the fueling is within an acceptable range and there are no big dips or breakups in the hp/tq or AFR then Im happy.
Then the OP cant go tell everyone his bike is 10hp better then the rest of the stock 1098's tho! lol

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@ Chris2. thanks i'll post the results of the first run shortly. Looks like we have the same bike. I'm #319. do you mind sharing what your results are?

@bstar360 what were you numbers afterwards?

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
@ Chris2. thanks i'll post the results of the first run shortly. Looks like we have the same bike. I'm #319. do you mind sharing what your results are?

@bstar360 what were you numbers afterwards?
Numbers won't be relevant as it was put on a different dyno for the runs when the Microtec went on. Also it was a different brand of dyno.
The first dyno was a Dynojet and the second dyno was a Dyno Dynamics I think.
I picked up 6hp after the Microtec and custom tune.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have no idea what the HP is on my 1098R. It runs fine with the DP Race ECU and I have no desire or need to pay someone to dyno it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I bought a Microtec for the 1098R but also picked up a race 848 shortly after and thats where the Microtec ended up

·
Registered
572 Posts
I have no idea what the HP is on my 1098R. It runs fine with the DP Race ECU and I have no desire or need to pay someone to dyno it.
I am with Chris on this one. I just recently sold my 1198s and the difference between the 1098R engine was significant regardless of any dyno results.

·
Registered
7 Posts
What do you guy's think of this dyno of my slightly modified :D1098R racebike ?

1. graph is a comparison of between my 2 racebikes, bike 1 is a 1098S with full system, large air runners, dialed cams and Nemesis ECU. Bike 2 is same configuration - just with at standard 1098R engine.

2. graph is the 1098R engine before and after the tuning.

3. graph is the final run with the Microtec ECU (major difference is another ignition map)

The graphs is for comparison - the numbers from this dyno is a bit optimistic

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Engine is modified, most effect is from:
RS cams
RS pistons
Ported heads

Engine have now been used for two weekends - and are running fine. The sound have however changed quite a lot - it is more hmmm agressive and a bit louder.

Running on the track has been very nice - due to the increased power - I now found that at can take some corners one gear higher.

Corner exit with the pull from 6500 rpm are wild - and I'm very happy with the Nemesis TCS

1 - 20 of 22 Posts