Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me, in the US did the 1098R come with the 70mm exhaust and mufflers supplied with the bike or did you have to buy the system separate not supplied with the purchase of the bike?

·
Registered
6,932 Posts
^^^ Ditto, and a separate ECU for the 70mm race pipes... on the original 2008 1098R the two supplied different systems exhaust/ecu had to do with the DTC,....... as well as performance... I ended up installing a Microtec197 ECU....

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
So you got the std pipes and 70mm system supplied with the bike?
Bob do you have a Microtec map for the 70mm system you could send me please?

·
Registered
6,932 Posts
No.... I do have the 1098R ECUs, both street and race, and I do have a re-flashed WSBK ECU for the 1098R motor. The only Microtec197 I have now is mapped for the 848 motors. If I had the 1098R map I would be glad to send/share it with you.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry to be a PITA but a little confussed still. Did the bike come fitted with the 70mm system and std mufflers and street ECU so no DTC at this time.
Plus you were supplied with slipons and race ECU to enable TC once fitted?
Bob thanks for the offer of the map had you had it.

·
Registered
6,932 Posts
No the 1098R came with a totally different exhaust with its own ecu
without DTC, once you switched to the race exhaust and ecu the DTC
was then activated..something about the street (oem) system not flowing enough to handle the interruption of spark dictated by the DTC.not totally sure, but I think the early dtc (on the 2008 1098r) only cut ignition, not fuel in the dtc operation...been awhile since I used the Oem system...as I switched early on to the Microtec....Btw the early dtc was kinda shitty.. more marketing than effective..I quit using the system altogether...

·
Registered
6,932 Posts
Long story short...The 1098R came with two complete systems..exhausts and ecus....has to be a first!!

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Bob that clears it up for me now.
We just got the slipons and filter supplied but not fitted with the bike and had to buy the headers in a kit with the ECU.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts