Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
170 Posts
Just in case you don't get a reply, here is a method someone told me about.

If you place a penny where the arrow points, you can remove or tighten the flywheel nut as the coin sacrifices itself.

· Registered
1,196 Posts
You can buy the flywheel tool for around $100.

· Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just in case you don't get a reply, here is a method someone told me about.

If you place a penny where the arrow points, you can remove or tighten the flywheel nut as the coin sacrifices itself.

I would really worry about this method. The nut is 200Ft/LB so that just too much load to put on those gear teeth for me. Not saying it wouldn't work.

· Registered
1,196 Posts
I bought mine off of eBay. I can find the link for you when I get home. I think I have a spare lightweight flywheel laying around somewhere in my house if u are looking for one.

· Registered
7,504 Posts
Seems like I remember 345NM.... I also remember the Flywheel is very light on the 1098R motor. Kinda like a DP Corse item. I have a Ducati Flywheel holder I bought used, maybe from this site or Ebay.... came with a some other Ducati motor tools, I think I paid $100 shipped....

· Registered
34 Posts
Yes, maybe I'm confusing my NM and foot-pounds. Sorry about that. I borrowed a torque wrench from a friend. Over a metre long. What a killer. Made it easy. I used an electric rattle gun to get the nut off, and used a flywheel holding tool. Can't imagine not using one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.