Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Former advanced track day rider on MV Agusta/Ducati. Had to stop for work in 2010, now getting back into it with a 2008 1098R. Seems that 190/55 rear slicks are no longer being made. What is the consensus on modifications necessary to get traction control to work with the current 200 rear slicks? I've seen posts saying change ECU's, chains, sprockets, etc...

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
From my understanding you need to stick with a OEM spec tire for the DTC to work properly.
Microtec ECU is one answer to your problem

·
Banned
5,501 Posts
It works fine with a slightly larger tire. There have been many tests made with the 190/60 and it doesn't disrupt the traction control at all. :)

The 200's barely fit, you'd most likely have to do some gearing futzing to bring the eccentric all the way back in order to fit that size tire on.

·
Registered
303 Posts
It works fine with a slightly larger tire. There have been many tests made with the 190/60 and it doesn't disrupt the traction control at all. :)

The 200's barely fit, you'd most likely have to do some gearing futzing to bring the eccentric all the way back in order to fit that size tire on.
200/60/17 on my 1098S required 15/40 gearing, 100 link chain, and the eccentric nearly at 3:30.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts