Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, the starter on my 2009 1098R has finally given up completely. I removed it to test it and it’s toast. Since the crank case cover etc is off of the bike I’ll be replacing the starter clutch / sprag.

The reason I’m posting this is to find out if any of you can recommend a good starter that doesn’t cost the $500+ that Ducati want to charge for a new one... thanks 👍🏻

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey all, the starter on my 2009 1098R has finally given up completely. I removed it to test it and it’s toast. Since the crank case cover etc is off of the bike I’ll be replacing the starter clutch / sprag.

The reason I’m posting this is to find out if any of you can recommend a good starter that doesn’t cost the $500+ that Ducati want to charge for a new one... thanks 👍🏻

You should check that the idler shaft hole isn't badly worn. The gears bind up if it is and destroy the starter and clutch in a hurry. Big problem on 1198 engines prior to 2010.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts