Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Wow... lucky you. I still think the 1098R is the best bike Ducati ever built except possibly for the Superleggera. I am 185lbs and the OEM suspension settings are perfect except for the leaking oil on my Ohlins (+9K miles). Another winter project....

How does it ride when you really get going?

The 1098R does like to be used for transportation so consequently it is uncomfortable with a harsh ride unless being driven aggressively. With that said, I think it is the most comfortable and safest bike I ride in the twisties and on the track.

With all that said, ride your 1098R hard or don't ride it at all and micro adjust the suspension as needed.

Lucky you, have fun and be safe.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haven't ridden it yet. I live in a metro area and have no desire to ride a bike like this on the street any longer. Was an avid track rider for 10 yrs, work took me away from it for the last couple of years. My last track toy was a sorted MV F4 1078. I think this will be a nice replacement. Just looking for settings for stock suspension for now. I'm 215 lbs with gear on and I'll probably get those nice Kyle racing suspension parts after I'm back up to speed.

·
Registered
104 Posts
If you ever open up your Ohlin front suspension to change the springs please let us know how much oil you found in the OEM setup.

Many thanks :)

·
Registered
303 Posts
If your forks have ever been serviced, you cant really compare how much oil is in them now vs what shipped from the factory. You wont know the weight either... each dealer/tech may do things differently.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts