Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently dropped my 08 1098s on the trailer and cracked the mid fairing.
My question is are there any aftermarket options that I can buy painted already that will match?

Is there a difference between diamond black and midnight black?

Local dealer wants $700.00 for the side fairing.

Thanks in advance for some help.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Having gone the non OEM route, also having gone with painted OEM (non oem color), Id suggest finding a same color. There's no replacement for a good quality take off. I wonder if most drop on the left side because of the kickstand. But either way chances are someone did the same on the other side Id again suggest a color matched take off. Anywhere from $175-$350

Sent from my iPhone using Ducati.org Forum

·
Registered
303 Posts
So I recently dropped my 08 1098s on the trailer and cracked the mid fairing.
My question is are there any aftermarket options that I can buy painted already that will match?

Is there a difference between diamond black and midnight black?

Local dealer wants $700.00 for the side fairing.

Thanks in advance for some help.
I have my left and right 1098s RED (dont know if you want red) fairings. the mids. mint. I have yet to list them, just lazy as hell. My 1098S is a track bike, otherwise they were good to go, I just dont use them. hit me up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought an Aftermarket Fairing off EBay. Mine is Red & Yes u can see a slight color difference! So unless you are to use your Bike as a Track Bike, perhaps consider going OEM! Also massive $$ Difference!!

·
Registered
979 Posts
I have spare black ones mint in box too if you are interested (2 lefts and 1 right), 1098S black ones too.

-Carbon

·
Registered
401 Posts
Take it to a good painter and have them repair and color match it. Should be around $300

It will come up like new. I've done it many time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts