Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
pls pls help
im lucky enough to own a 1098.it is my pride and joy.unfortunately i went to start it today.i turned key.everything lite up as per normal.i pressed the starter and i can hear a single click then the engine caution light appears.(which for some reason puts the wind right up me).
the battery is showing 10.8v
like in a car if there's a bad earth from starter motor u turn the key and there is a clunk.so i ran a earth from batt to engine a the same thing happens.
iv a 2008 1098s with full termis and ecu,i fitted decabel killers for a recent track day and left them in.could i have damaged something internally.
im no machanic but will take any advice anyone could give me
thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks joeii and la rossa for your quick response
Im fairly sure the battery is fine.iv recharged it.
I wouldn't av a clue how to test starter solinoid but it does sound like a solinoid click.
Yes there was a recall and my bike was only done about two months ago.i think it was for the rectifier or something in that region.ducati were a bit vaque on what they actually replaced.
Because my headlights were flashing on and off but that problems been cine since recall.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi
Thanks to all of the above for your advice.
Yes...all of you were bang on the money..
Battery it was..
Just been out for a blast and as ever returned with a smile and full of life.
Thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.