Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Basically I just purchased my first Ducati and it came with no clutch (probably a slipper that was removed).

Bought a oem replacement and Im not sure what order it all goes in. Its been hard to find a schematic and not entirely sure all the parts are there.

Basically how does the hub go inside the basket? is there something that goes on the shaft first followed by the hub?

Pics are include as I think I may have two washers and two spacers. I do have the pushrod but dont know the configuration of the spacers for the hub.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
any daring soul that wants to shoot me a text and assist Id be more then welling to buy you some coffee via PayPal.. 815- 200-6457

just wanna get to ride it a few times before the snow hits

·
Banned
5,501 Posts
Those two geared looking things are what holds the hub onto the output shaft. So the idea is the nut squeezes those together between the spacer and the hex nut on the outside. The tapered end will sit inside the hub on both sides. Because they're keyed sitting on the output shaft, you've gotta align the keys. The easiest method to do that is simply put one of them on the shaft first (tapered end facing upwards) then push the hub on (with no clutch plates) to see if it fits onto the spacer. If it does, then you can align the top one and fit it on. The final part is the washer and that big hex nut, which is tightened to an ungodly 184 foot pounds. You will need a hub/basket holding tool in order to tighten it down as an impact gun won't do it. Then you can put the clutch plates on in the order you took them off. Be careful with re-installing, the order is critical.

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
It looks like you have some extra parts there.

To retain the clutch hub you need the splined, recessed washer, followed by the thin washer, then the Allen-head nut.

You have a spare recessed washer, and a hex nut, probably from the slipper.

Align the pressure plate dot with the spring post which has the line across it on reassembly.

Good luck with it. You really need a clutch holding tool or a rattle gun to get it tight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts