Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any difference between the base and "S" exhaust other than the black cans?

Also, has anyone seen a good looking wind screen yet?

thanks! pick up my "S" on Feb 10th! :D

Oh, one last one. What about a license plate eliminator kit?? I may not run a plate at all if I can't find a decent way to clean up the tail section.

A big thanks to all of you, I've gained a lot of great info just from checking in from time to time!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Dibs said:
Oh, one last one. What about a license plate eliminator kit?? I may not run a plate at all if I can't find a decent way to clean up the tail section.

Thats a good way to get the cops attention

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Desmo Duc said:
Thats a good way to get the cops attention
The concern is appreciated seriously; and hopefully I'll be able to find a decent place to mount my plate other than the tacky bracket that comes standard.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tifosi said:
A recent article in Roadracing World claims the S comes with a Termi pipe, but I have yet to see any factory marketing material backing that up.
The most current issue of Motorcyclist also mentioned something about the "S" being equiped with carbon cans, but that could be just a lack of knowledge on the test editors part...the bike that they showed was equiped with Termi. But everthing else I've read and not to mention the bikes that are in this forum don't appear to be anything other than the anodized black cans.
just wishful thinking.

·
Registered
70 Posts
check the news section of the home page here. It has the latest on the differences between the s and standard directly from Ducati.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I went to the 1098 Premiere at a Dallas shop today. They had an S version, and they had installed the full system with carbon cans. They said the tri-color is the only one that comes with that option.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ronr said:
I went to the 1098 Premiere at a Dallas shop today. They had an S version, and they had installed the full system with carbon cans. They said the tri-color is the only one that comes with that option.
which dealer did you go to?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Dibs said:
Is there any difference between the base and "S" exhaust other than the black cans?

Also, has anyone seen a good looking wind screen yet?

thanks! pick up my "S" on Feb 10th! :D

A big thanks to all of you, I've gained a lot of great info just from checking in from time to time!
I bought the taller windscreen from Ducati performance at the Ducati store.

This is the only pic i have now.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1098 said:
I bought the taller windscreen from Ducati performance at the Ducati store.

This is the only pic i have now.

i went with the same screen only tinted. your bike looks great 1098.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Dibs said:
i went with the same screen only tinted. your bike looks great 1098.

Nice Bike !!!! :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts