Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Folks, posting from Spain.

Just a couple of questions regarding prices.

Here in my town Ducati dealers ask for 20.000 € plus taxes (16% VAT + 6% Plaques), wich means, that the final price is around 24.400 € (32,127 $).

If prices in US and Canada are around 20.000 $ plus taxes, it seems too much the difference (around 10.000 $) in purchasing one in Spain compare to US.

Is there any way to import one to Spain taking the advantage of the prices in $???

Anybody know somebody to do so?
How about the prices in other countries?

Many regards from Spain and vssss::::
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
438 Posts
Here in the UK the 1098 is £11,250 ( €16,700 or $22,000) while the 1098S is £13,995 ( €20.865 or $27,475 ) These are 'On the Road' prices.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Prices in Belgium:

-1098: 17500€

-1098 S: 21199€


In Belgium it is possible to import a foreign bike. But I must say: I don't have a clue how much taxes are charged when you do this.

GreetZ
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
There is a huge difference between the various markets and the US is a volume seller, so that might account, partly, for the lower prices. That and the fact that the US dealer network worked closely with Ducati to negotiate a more competitive price structure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
Price In US

Rod said:
There is a huge difference between the various markets and the US is a volume seller, so that might account, partly, for the lower prices. That and the fact that the US dealer network worked closely with Ducati to negotiate a more competitive price structure.
Here in the USA the topline price is $14,995. Destinatination and dealer prep is another $500 or so, plus 6% sales tax. Mine was $16,000ish out the door.

CAG
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CAG said:
Here in the USA the topline price is $14,995. Destinatination and dealer prep is another $500 or so, plus 6% sales tax. Mine was $16,000ish out the door.

CAG
does somebody know how much it will cost ship a bike to europe??
with these prices maybe is profitable purchasing in the US.

vsss::::
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
$19,995 for 1098S in US

CAG said:
Here in the USA the topline price is $14,995. Destinatination and dealer prep is another $500 or so, plus 6% sales tax. Mine was $16,000ish out the door.

CAG
$14,995 is the US MSRP for the 1098.
The 1098S is $19,995 plus tax,license and dealer prep.
The question was "How much for the 1098S".

Ara
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
Yes

Ara is correct, I should have been clear. I ordered the 1098

CAG
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
1098
In Denmark
320.490 DKK
Denmark Kroner =56.8701 USD
United States Dollars 1 DKK = 0.177447 USD 1 USD = 5.63547 DKK

320.490 DKK
Denmark Kroner = 28.8285 GBP
United Kingdom Pounds
1 DKK = 0.0899514 GBP 1 GBP = 11.1171 DKK

----------------------------------------------------------

1098 S
In Germany
22,000.00 EUR
Euro =29,092.96 USD
United States Dollars 1 EUR = 1.32241 USD 1 USD = 0.756197 EUR

22,000.00 EUR
Euro = 14,750.52 GBP
United Kingdom Pounds
1 EUR = 0.670478 GBP 1 GBP = 1.49147 EUR

As i live on the Germany\Denmark border, i know where i am purchasing mine from.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
I just put a deposit on the 1098 base.

$14,995 ... plus,

$485 freight to west coast (USA)
$144 assembly (done by outside business)
$236 setup/prep done in shop
plus misc tax (8.8%, WA), license and document fees.

Out the door = $17,400. :bawling:

But hey ... if I don't buy it, about 20 others will. :hitit:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
337 Posts
Samuray, when I spoke to the factory guys about shipping a bike from Italy to the US, the quote was "about $750 USD". I wanted to know since the plan is to get a bike there (in Italy) and ride it - which they said I could do for 30 days - then ship it back to the US. But that looks silly now if I have to pay a $10K USD premium to ride it there!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
DUCMILLE said:
Samuray, when I spoke to the factory guys about shipping a bike from Italy to the US, the quote was "about $750 USD". I wanted to know since the plan is to get a bike there (in Italy) and ride it - which they said I could do for 30 days - then ship it back to the US. But that looks silly now if I have to pay a $10K USD premium to ride it there!
Yes, it looks really silly, but the prices in spain are substantially much more than in the US. I know people that purchase goods in the US taking the advantage of the exchange rate $-€.

24.000 € is too expensive for a motorbike from my point of view...my actual bike R12006SP was 18.000€ (extreme good quality and a LE) 6.000 € + for the ducati is to think about twice...

vsss:::::
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
I just put a deposit on the 1098 base.

$14,995 ... plus,

$485 freight to west coast (USA)
$144 assembly (done by outside business)
$236 setup/prep done in shop
plus misc tax (8.8%, WA), license and document fees.

Out the door = $17,400. :bawling:

But hey ... if I don't buy it, about 20 others will. :hitit:
You paid too much for standard version!!!! :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
Mine is going to cost me $ 14795 plus tax and registration !
That's all !!! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Don't cry anybody!!! If you buy a 1098 in ITALY 100meters (300feet) far from Borgo Panigale (Ducati's factory) you pay 16995€ for the 1098, 21000€ for the 1098S and 23000 for the Tricolore. In Europe we're so rich!!! Anyway the Ducati's GM mister Minoli explains the reasons very well on desmoblog: http://blog.ducati.com/post/103/prezzi#more
I've just bought a 1098 anyway I'm very disappointed.
Ciao
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
pierpatwr said:
Don't cry anybody!!! If you buy a 1098 in ITALY 100meters (300feet) far from Borgo Panigale (Ducati's factory) you pay 16995€ for the 1098, 21000€ for the 1098S and 23000 for the Tricolore. In Europe we're so rich!!! Anyway the Ducati's GM mister Minoli explains the reasons very well on desmoblog: http://blog.ducati.com/post/103/prezzi#more
I've just bought a 1098 anyway I'm very disappointed.
Ciao

You say you are disappointed.... May I ask why? The price or the Bike?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Germany said:
You say you are disappointed.... May I ask why? The price or the Bike?


....just for the price!!! In Europe we usually pay more for the same thing. :banghead:
Anyway I'm very happy for the bike and I anxiously wait the end of february to get my 1098 :D
Ciao
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top