Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so im seriously considering purchasing an 08 1098S only problem is the wife wont let me shell out 14000 unless she can ride with me somtimes. personally i dont recall ever seeing an S model with passenger pegs on it. does anyone know if they come with them? maybe everybody removes them or something? if they dont come with a pass seat or pegs can they be installed and how difficult would they be to find? any help would be appreciated thanks

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
I have a seat and pegs from my 848 that I'd let go for a marginal fee.... PM me with an offer if you're interested.

Make sure your S has a tail with a removable cowl, because that's where the seat goes.

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
Yes, they come with them. And no, they aren't really a proposition unless your passenger is tiny.
The seat places the passenger very high above the (leaned-forward) rider, making them feel vulnerable.
The footrests are too high also, and too far forward, such that the passenger has nothing to push rearwards against. That means that every time you change gear they feel like they are being thrown back, with nothing to hold against.
I tried two different passengers on mine - different ages, and different sizes, and it just didn't work for either of them, no matter how gently I rode.
They just aren't a two-up machine I'm afraid. The pillion accommodation is a token gesture.

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Yes, they come with them. And no, they aren't really a proposition unless your passenger is tiny.
The seat places the passenger very high above the (leaned-forward) rider, making them feel vulnerable.
The footrests are too high also, and too far forward, such that the passenger has nothing to push rearwards against. That means that every time you change gear they feel like they are being thrown back, with nothing to hold against.
I tried two different passengers on mine - different ages, and different sizes, and it just didn't work for either of them, no matter how gently I rode.
They just aren't a two-up machine I'm afraid. The pillion accommodation is a token gesture.
Shhhhh! I'm trying to sell my passenger junk!:wtf:

·
Banned
10,384 Posts
She will get on the back once that's it then it's all yours don't buy something that's comfortable for a pillions .

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
My wife is 4 feet 11 inches. She weighs 100 lbs. She will only ride on my bike when she wants to go fast. With that said it happens about once a month. When she want to ride I reinstall the passenger rear sets and the passenger seat. I usually take her for about a 5 min ride as my suspension is no longer set up for 2up riding. The bike is extremely uncomfortable for a passenger. You should buy the bike and let here ride every once and a while.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thank you everyone. btw i never said i wanted her on the back with me so if its that uncomfortable great lol. this is just the stipulation i have to abide by to get my toy

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Pic:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
WTF kinda crap is this.....a seat for but-pluggers? Farkin shameful, poor bike.
To answer the question, yes the pegs & seat do come with the bike stock.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Horrific seat, I've heard of "Ring of Fire" but this ain't the solution! What funny doctor cocked up this solution? :laughing:

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Yeah...I'm throwing up right now.

I saw a seat cushon at my granny's house like that once...

' it's the 'roids, sweety' she said

... this one's gonna quaterize someone's arse closed, from the pipe heat alone.

But I'm more pissed-off at the 'harley touring old lady' seat on a bike like this.

Maybe it's a suction setup to hold the fucker on during acceleration/cornering/deceleration.
Maybe it's just plain ol' gay 'I bought the wrong bike' accessory.

Shame, Corbin san, farkin shame!

Oh....and cop a gander at the farkin chicken-strips......uh-oh, gonna throw up again.....

....people need killin'

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Yeah, pretty hideous. I hope someone didn't think that was a cool mod?

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
....mmmm...ok, Brett, and the expected result would be something like this....

Attachments

• Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
    73 KB Views: 128
1 - 19 of 19 Posts