Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got invited to see the first 1098s in SoCal at my dealer tonight. The bike was beautiful and the ergonomics were perfect. I felt very comfortable on the bike. It had the 70mm termi exhaust, that is a must have. According to the dealer, they will be receiving 2 bikes a week (a "s" and standard). So that puts me taking delivery late feb, early march since I'm 4th on the list. After seeing the bike it will be a tough 4 weeks waiting. :ahhh:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Having ridden on the S with stock pipes, yeh, I'm gonna have to fork out for Termis asap, but the $$ for the full system is more than my marriage will take!

·
Registered
14 Posts
DuanneB said:
Having ridden on the S with stock pipes, yeh, I'm gonna have to fork out for Termis asap, but the $$ for the full system is more than my marriage will take!
That is why it is good to be single, all my money goes to me and my TRI :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have an S on order so-cal, what dealer has it? I also ordered the full 70mm tremi. So excited to see it and ride it..tick..tock..tick..tock

·
Registered
391 Posts
I'm #7th for the S with my dealer. It seems like yesterday when just announced the 1098 in it's true form. I can't believe it's already Feb! :D

·
Registered
337 Posts
Which So Cal dealer? And are any of you guys going to the Pro Italia Open House this weekend? I need to actually sit on the 1098 before putting a deposit down. Reports say that its 40mm taller at the seat than the 999 and I'm worried about that; at 5'8".

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The dealer that gave me the sneak peek was So.Cal Ducati in brea. The bike was a press bike that they were getting ready for a press tour with the mags. I sat on the bike and was very comfortable, I'm 6ft 190lbs. I think you would be fine at 5'8. I think the perfect rider size for that bike would be 5'10". Thats the size most bikes are engineered for (5'10" 180lbs)

·
Registered
337 Posts
Monkey -- went to the So Cal Ducati Open House instead of driving to Pro Italia. Spoke with Tom and Mark at the shop and ended up ordering a std 1098 in red. Looked even better in person than the pics.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts