Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this thread finds itself useful to some whom may be experiencing this symptom. I've searched all over this site for help related to this specific symptom and could't find anythin. I feel that many of us result taking our bikes to the dealer to have it remedied as i was nearly going to do. Below is s synopsis of my experience. I'll try to make it short. Duc

Recently i was on a short ride (Literally a 5 min ride). As i was pulling up to a stop light, my subconcious kicked in and reminded me about the "Stall" issue i've experienced so may times before. With my thumb ready to toggle the kill switch and prep for a re-fire, sure enough the bike died. This time it was a bit out of the ordinary though and it didn't just die, it sputtered and bucked a bit like it lost fuel or spark. Needless to say i had to pull out of traffic and evade oncoming. After multiple attempts to re-light the bike, which it would but only for a moment then continue cranking, the battery lost it's life. Fortunatley i was close enough to home i was able to get there and a save the cost of a tow. Next morn i checked the usual suspects VR, plugs, fuel and battery (Which evidently I totally kissed the night before) . "Fresh" battery installed as i thought that was the culprit, i attempted to fire the bike. This time cranking with much more ferver (New Battery and all) than the night before, with the same result. It would crank, fire then sputter out. Twisting the throttle was of little help, it allowed the bike to blip to life when it did light but just prolonged the sputtering death. Here's where it gets tricky. When checking the coil & plugs to see if i had fould one out, as most of us do i pulled the front plug as it's easiest to access, smelled for fuel not but not "Physically" checking the fuel pressure (Lack of equipment). Saw the plug was wet and continued re-assembly. Stumped I began the process to pull the tank and check the coil and plug on top (Pain). Coil was good but the plug was clearly dry? This led me to think i had pulged/clogged fuel line or bad injector. I could here the sending unit and pump energize so i didn't think much of it until going through all the fuel lines. All of which checked out ok. Time to call the Dealer.... :idea:Something in the back of my mind told me to double check the sender. Ok, on to the sending unit and pump. Wouldnt ya know it, upon removal, the fuel filter was nearly falling off the sender. It was obvious the clamp wasnt tight enough for the pump to build prolonged pressure to sustain idle, more or less load on the engine. New stainless clamp attached sending unit re-installed.... Ignition on, toggle the kill switch, tap the start button and the tremis barked to life. I was but moments away from having it towed to the dealer as i was at my wits end. Half dozen calls to poke a technicians brain left me with no choice. I guess when all else fails keep looking. End result, i saved a 'lil coin avoiding a dealer repair/service fee.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hey man I am having the same problem whit my bike, hard to get start I don't know why i change battery and Nathen change and when I am about to stop the bike I have the same feeling that you had back there and now I sowed oil on the exhaust i don't man.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts